Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default A mysterious font I need

Does anyone have a clue as to what font this may be. I cannot put my hands on it. The only two that resemble it slightly is the "oklahoma" and "pointedly mad" font. Any help appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	59659
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 18 April 2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Remove oversized hotlinked image and attached to post - Please read forum rules. Thanks

Default Re: A mysterious font I need

Teaser,

It looks to be LHF Boston Truckstyle and is available from Letterhead Fonts for $42US.

IHTH,
    HayTay

Yer' The man HayTay! Thank you very much.

Y'elcome, Teaser.

Glad to be of service.

Well spotted Harry. I was going to guess that is was handlettered.

Thanks, Gary.

Letterhead Fonts is an awesome collection of high quality fonts. You can view their entire collection here. The Ballpark font is another one that everyone should have in their font arsenal. It is indispensable for those athletic themed and old time styled signage projects in addition to just being a very nice script font for all around use.

The suggested usage examples that are shown along with each Letterhead Font preview are an excellent source of ideas that can be incorporated into many other designs. Be sure to check them out even if you're not in the market for any fonts.

Just a few notes on reproducing the original example:
    • The text in the example provided appears to be stretched, squished, and had it's kerning and line spacing altered to produce the effect shown.
    • The swish under the 'Cattle Co.' text is just the top part of the capital 'T' isolated using the Shape Editor Tool. After that it is stretched, squished, flipped horizontally and rotated slightly before being incorporated into the design.
    • The swish above and below the 'AND' text appears to be either created by hand using the Shape Editor or Pen Tools or imported from another source.
    • The curved 'And' text can easily be reproduced using an appropriately curved line and the 'Fit text to curve' feature in Xara Xtreme (Arrange > Fit text to curve)
    • The capital 'A' in 'And' has its font size adjusted so it matches the height of the lower case letters 'n' and 'd'.
    • A fractal plasma fill was used to color the text. Local Start and Local End Colors were altered to give the fill its mottled appearance. This produces a nice effect which mimics the original graphic.

Here's my attempt at recreating the example even though the letter spacing is still a bit off.

Thanks for a fun little project,
    HayTay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ranch and Cattle Co.png 
Views:	309 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	59660  

If you need a font try http://www.dafont.com most are free for personal use.