Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Pluginless Chrome effects

Progression. Learning. Time.
    Here's a stapler I drew back in May, 2006, as it sits on my desk. After viewing some of what Jose Campoy had done with chrome I realized that more contrast was needed, so I changed it to the second drawing.
    Now, after what John, Coxover, has taught me (us), here is the same stapler with the shade curve adjusted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1 USE for Xara posts.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	59900  
    -=Bob=-

Fair play, Bob, the original was good, but you have made some serious improvements. Just a thought, If you had bought a closed-case stapler it would have been much easier to draw,
    without all the internal gubbins on show. A nice blue case would have meant less chrome to fiddle with too.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hahahaha. Thanks, Bob. Actually the one I use regularly (if one uses a stapler regularly, at home) is much newer, brown plastic. This old chrome one, antique-ish, belongs to a past college 'lum that I had borrowed once and guess I never returned it.
    If I ever get to see my good buddy, Pierre, again, it's his!
    -=Bob=-