Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Publish and Uploading

This is a work project. I appreciate the help.

Thank you
    LindaM

So everyone knows, the problem is with XARA. Using Xara I pretty much allways get the "Time Out Message", some of my other sites done with Dreamweaver allways upload no problem the first time. i am converting all my sites to XARA X Pro 5 because I like the ease of creating quick and easy websites versus using Dreamweaver. When I use WSFTP95 to upload my XARA files all works quick the first time but not using the build in upload "Publish" with XARA. Here is hoping XARA fixes that in the future updates of their program, meanwhile everyones best bet is to use FTP. Usually I can upload with XARA after 2,3 or 4 tries which is not bad but a couple of times I spent over 2 hours trying to get it uploaded with success. I prefer the idea of doing it all within XARA program and not have to use an external FTP. I have been using FTP for over 30 years so I know how to use it but there are lots of people not use to that and some are even afraid to try.
    'I Walk SLOWWWWLY BUT NEVER WALK BACKWARDS'

Andre your conclusions are not accurate. Please do not spread false information simply because you have problems are were not willing to follow troubleshooting suggestions given to you.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update