Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Smile Re: XWD Sites on Bberry & Mobile Devices

Tried it with my Blackberry Storm and all looks good used the screen sideways, not sure what you are seing on yours but the title and text are totally on the left but all there to read. Nice job.
    'I Walk SLOWWWWLY BUT NEVER WALK BACKWARDS'
    IP

Default Re: XWD Sites on Bberry & Mobile Devices

Blackberrys are known for not implementing proper page display very well, at least on the earlier models. I was always frustrated with page display on my BB. For whatever reason, BB decided to do a half-implementation of coding standards and CSS compliance without going to the full mobile phone display standard.
    IP

I'm afraid on my phone the cmlg site comes up with a large black square with a white border at the top of the page. Obviously the background to the image. I think mobile browsers handle web sites very differently. I'd try creating a specific site aimed at mobiles which are basically text as you can't guarantee how they'll look across the many mobile browsers.

Does anyone no of a site that you could test how sites look on different mobile browsers?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!jpg.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	58246  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Does anyone no of a site that you could test how sites look on different mobile browsers?
    http://mtld.mobi/emulator.php

http://www.barkleyus.com/wap * this gives me a 'Not Licensed for this use' error
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 28 March 2009 at 04:37 AM.
    IP

Cheers Steve. Yes I get the same error on the second one.
    Here's an opera emulator

You can see you get very varied results between the different emulators.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thanks for all your help guys.

Any good advice on generally making websites compatible with mobile devices?

CHEERS

Selbi
    IP