Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Templates

Hi Aridzone,

I see where you are trying to go with the hight of the buttons, but it looks more like it is overlapping than up higher...

Perhaps a drop shadow behind the buttons would create the effect that you are looking for. And It might also be better (if you do use a shadow and depending on the direction of the shadow) if the background is not black.

Oh and the last one that I posted is a stretchy. I will endeavor to post some more.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I was going through some of Gary's tutorials on the Xara Xone and I mixed and matched some of the elements to come up with this one. I hope you like it.

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	templatepic10.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	62177  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

Great template Eric
    I especially like the buttons!

This is an interesting exercise. Here is a new generic template that I designed with stretchy buttons. Off the page is part of a picture that I had taken at some time in the past on a trip to Germany. Right Click on and edit the named color 'Theme Color 1' and use the eye dropper to pick colors in the picture. Now select the picture and change the temperature of the picture with the photo tool and edit the Theme Color 1 again. I am getting some interesting color choices that I probably wouldn't have come up with on my own. You don't have to use my pic....Just import any picture and have fun.

Just thought I would share.

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Club. My Album.

Question Re: Xara Web Designer Templates

Ok, I have been going crazy on all these creative items you all have produced.....but now it's time to clean up my desktop and ......Figure out where they all go.

Can someone please help me out here. I am new to Xara Xtreme Pro 4 and don't want to mess anything up..... So would you please give a step by step location or which folder they belong in. I have everything from page 1 - 9.

I would greatly appreciate it A lot

Sincerely,

STP_Cowboy

You shouldn't save to your desktop

Create a new folder in your documents folder (like XaraTemplateAdditions)
    Move the files that you have saved to this new folder.
    Now when saving in the future you can just save them there.

In Web Designer open the Designs Gallery. Click the Disc Designs... button. Navigate to the folder you created and click Add.

Ok, you've told me what not to do, and where to do it, I've done that, now please tell me How does Xara know where it is and how Xara will know where to go and get it there?

Please!

Howdy there Cowboy.

So would you please give a step by step location or which folder they belong in. I have everything from page 1 - 9.
    Apparently you downloaded some files to your computer ... from TalkGraphics.com? What are these things that you want to move somewhere else (instead of on your Desktop). The clearer you can be, the easier it will be to help.

Cowboy

Go back to designs Gallery and your folder should be at the bottom.

Howdy,
    Sorry for the confusion.
    First of all let me say this: You guys have some excellent work here, very nice.....the artist flow here is almost overwhelming. Thank You for the downloads, maybe one day I will be able to contribute as well.
    I have downloaded the buttons and the templates. I have (as ardizone has instructed), put everything into folders, buttons in a buttons folder/templates in a template folder....so forth and so on. Now, do I place those items into any particular folders within Xara Xtreme Pro 4 or is there a way for XXP4 to be able to go and find those folders and then from there on out know where the templates or the buttons are?
    Does that help?