Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

I now have my site under control. It looks and works ok on my computer, but at work it seems to look weird when the mouseovers are working. But it only did it sometimes. Makes lines accross the page. Its hard to describe. Anyway, tell me your thoughts. Again, only the site, not the stores.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    http://www.chowardcompany.com
    IP

Thanks for sorting out the malware issue Mike.

Mike one thing, I can't stay for more than a few moments due to the colours making me reel back in my chair on-load!
    Bright Purple and blue 'zapping' my eyes balls had me reaching for the close button fast...

Maybe it's just me, but way to strong
    IP

Thanks for finding it. It just happen the day before. Google sent me an email about it at work and I got it today. Not sure how that happened. Anyway, thanks for your honest thoughts. It is brite, I agree. For the most part, I wanted it brite. Maybe I went overboard. Not to thrilled about how my mouseover buttons look. I think I am going to redo them,
    Thanks for your time,
    Mike
    IP

Hi there Mike. I hope you don't mind if I offer a couple of observations.

First, I note that on your Home page, the BUY NOW ONLINE box isn't quite the same on each of your pages. They can be made identical by making them 'repeating' objects. (As you switch between pages, watch the position of the BUY change ever so slightly.)

Refering to the same block, the two buttons have slightly different shapes. One is fully rounded, while the other is more elongated on the ends (like your navigation system on the pages' left side). It could be that the look is intentional; I don't know.

The red colored text, "FINE MINTS AND GUM", needs a serious color adjustment (to something more compatible with your purple theme).
    IP

Thanks Cursor,
    Well this is my first site with Xara. I used MS Frontpage for many years before this so I am still learning. The repeated objects is nice, however when making the pages I did not know that I needed to have a name for each repeating object for that to work, So thats my first mistake. I will be redoing the whole site, but I wanted feedback first so I could make usefull changes. I love this forum, As you can tell, I am not a professional web designer, This is a family buisiness that I am doing this for. Thanks for all your thoughts,
    Mike
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by privatepratz View Post
    The repeated objects is nice, however when making the pages I did not know that I needed to have a name for each repeating object for that to work, So thats my first mistake.
    Not true Mike.
    Just select the object to repeat, go to Arrange>>Repeat on all pages
    XWD will assign it's own name for the repeating object.
    IP

Best of luck to you in that endeavor, Mike.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Yes, nice work, Sheff.

I noted that for the bio and press pages, the hair graphic on the right is doubled up. One scrolls, while the other does not. Additionally, they appear to have varying levels of transparency.
    I did this in order to get the text to repel from the hair object. It seems that if the object becomes too transparent, the repel ceases to work.

I'm not worried about problems because the client is dragging their feet on getting me photos and updated text.
    Sheff
    My Site
    IP

Hi Mike, I like your main information part of your homepage very much. The colors look fine to me and I like the layout However, I would try a softer/toned down version of your background color....perhaps use a gradient of it?
    The red under the logo heading is hard for me to read against the fuschia (fine mints and gums). Could just be my monitor, though?
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?
    IP

Exclamation Re: Show us your sites!

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Thanks for sorting out the malware issue Mike.

Privatpratz's site is infected again as I got an Avira AntiVir warning that an infected .pdf file tried to load.
    IP