Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Quote Originally Posted by esanabri View Post
    all comments welcommed...
    19.png on the portfolio page (the main picture) would be 10 times smaller and thus 10 times faster to download if forced to export as a JPG instead (by naming it "JPEG"). (Also some of the testimonials seem to contain personal client information (such as their phone numbers).
    IP

Helllo all. Here is a preview of the home page I made in XWD.

What a kick butt piece of web design software. Not only was I able to construct this entire page without using a graphics editor, I just checked the markup validation and not one single error. The last WYSIWIG editor I used had over 100 errors on a similar sized page.

I can't say enough about the Xara products. All are awesome.

Here is my site: PresurePros, Inc Alpha
    I haven't created the link or menu yet and I may shrink some of the vertical a bit.

Different bottom- no video PressurePros Alpha2
    Last edited by pressurepros; 17 March 2009 at 05:58 AM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by esanabri View Post
    Well here its my humble first proposal...

I had it made in dream weaver but like it much better in XWD

www.metrostarlandscaping.com

to be the first site it took me about 10 hours and its 90%... ready to be rolled out by Saturday...

all comments welcommed...

I still want the links on the portfolio page to show up on a small pop-up window but I haven't got what I need...
    Your site look pretty nice and is easy to navigate, except for the photos under your portfolio tab. Even though the fx are OK, I didn't like it that the photos are shown in new windows, that the page layout and style are unrelated to the rest of the site, and that these pages have no navigation buttons. A bit confusing, I'd say.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    I haven't created the link or menu yet and I may shrink some of the vertical a bit.

Looks very professional. I enjoyed the video's MI soundtrack. How did you deal with the copyright issue?
    IP

Very professional site, I like it a lot. Nice video.
    IP

Default Re: MetroLandscaping.com

Quote Originally Posted by esanabri
    all comments welcome ...
    Nice site!

Comments:
    • NavTabs are a bit difficult to read, given the white lettering on light green background. Consider darkening the green some (the mouseOver image is much more readable).
    • After navigating to each page, it would be nice to see some location indicator. A slight variation in color for the active/current tab would be enough.
    • On the Portfolio page, Completed Projects (as a header) needs to be bolder/larger than its list of hyperlinks. Change 'Walks n Patios' to 'Walks & Patios'.
    • The buttons at 'Lanscaping Care Guide' could use improved contrast between the lettering and button color.

Good luck with the Saturday launch date.
    IP

Default Sample home page

www.nycgetaways.com/redesign09. We're aiming at something between a vision board and a Connell box. Promising. Looks OK in Explorer7 but in printing transparency of pngs is not observed. Will we have to group all graphics, export as jpg and reimport for publishing?

So many posts to this topic, I in may have missed the answer. Sorry if so.

Shaun
    IP

Default Re: Sample home page

Quote Originally Posted by shaun2000 View Post
    www.nycgetaways.com/redesign09. We're aiming at something between a vision board and a Connell box. Promising. Looks OK in Explorer7 but in printing transparency of pngs is not observed. Will we have to group all graphics, export as jpg and reimport for publishing?

So many posts to this topic, I in may have missed the answer. Sorry if so.

Shaun
    It's not a favourite design for me. The palette has so many colours and there's such a mixture of styles. There's no focus and so much on the page - I don't really know what I should be looking at.

I admit I have no idea what a vision board or connell box is!
    IP

Unhappy Re: Show us your sites!

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Your site look pretty nice and is easy to navigate, except for the photos under your portfolio tab. Even though the fx are OK, I didn't like it that the photos are shown in new windows, that the page layout and style are unrelated to the rest of the site, and that these pages have no navigation buttons. A bit confusing, I'd say.
    I think the same myself... I haven't been able to find an easy photo display system that can work in XWD with out a large amount of work... so I tried getting some of the picasa "out the door" exports... but they don't do the trick...

I'm at a loss about how to better make this multiple pictures display work...

any thoughts or better samples?
    IP

Talking Re: MetroLandscaping.com

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Nice site!

Comments:
    • NavTabs are a bit difficult to read, given the white lettering on light green background. Consider darkening the green some (the mouseOver image is much more readable).
    • After navigating to each page, it would be nice to see some location indicator. A slight variation in color for the active/current tab would be enough.
    • On the Portfolio page, Completed Projects (as a header) needs to be bolder/larger than its list of hyperlinks. Change 'Walks n Patios' to 'Walks & Patios'.
    • The buttons at 'Lanscaping Care Guide' could use improved contrast between the lettering and button color.
    Good luck with the Saturday launch date.

all great comments! will implement in the coming days! much appreciated!
    IP