Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

SmartEd,
    I like it, but your mouse-over effects on the dropdowns are various sizes from the mouse-off states. Probably from resizing one layer and not the mouse-over layer? Also, I don't like the phone number on the Our Dogs page disappearing. If you don't write it down immediately, you have to wait for it to re-appear. In my opinion if it's animated it should appear and stay there.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Smart looking site SmartEd!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by SmartEd View Post
    I've been using XWD for a couple of weeks and I love it, i've been using netobjects fusion for a couple of years and although it can do a lot of things XWD can't, it's a lot much difficult to use and can be very unstable and buggy. Any way, my first XWD site.
    A happy, colorful site, made with love for the dogs in your care. I agree with jimhanus that the drop-down menus should be aligned and of equal size. Perhaps you could also sharpen the dogs' pictures in the heading a bit in XWD, using the blur/sharpness settings in the photo tool.
    IP

Thanks all for your feed back, I will work on those pesky buttons, I find when I group and ungroup the buttons they move, I thinks it's a small bug. I lost some quality on the header when I optimized the site for upload, I think I'll revert the header back and see how long it takes to load up.
    IP

Well I just uploaded my new Lions site. Your input would be appreciated.
    Mrs. Debbie Hicks
    Ret AF, AD2H
    IP

Good lookin'. =)

One quick note, however. At your Page 2, Club Officers, consider formatting the text into two distinct columns:
    Code:
    President:          Will Hicks
    Imm. Past Pres.:    Doug Owens
    Secretary:          David Childers
    Treasurer:          Bill Newsom
    1st VP:             Marc Paulhus
    2nd VP:             Albert Lyons
    3rd VP:             Barbara Bothe
    Mem. Chair:         Jerry Cox
    Lion Tamer:         Debbie West
    Tail Twister:       Herb Smith
    One Year Directors: Jimmy Cantrell
                        Lefty Williams
    Two Year Directors: Debbie Hicks
                        DC Cantrell
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Debbie - Congradulations! It is looking good! I much prefer the current simplified design vs. your work-in-progress postings. Being less 'crowded' and with the corresponding increase in font size, it looks like the members will have an easier time reading it. One little thing I note is in the main block of text you have a link that says "here". Once it has been visited and you return to the home page, the link's colour makes it very hard to subsequently see. The MarchZone Meeting Gallery has some text running off the page - perhaps related to that earlier problem you had. Also note was the other gallery pages with their 'Next page' buttons seem to loop forever.

Now you'll have to re-make the 'Members' page to bring the same sense of design to it.

Regards, Ross
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 12 April 2009 at 06:31 PM.
    IP

I will do that on the officer list. It will look better and I have room now.

The pictures, I caught that. I do all those in extreme and then post them up. I knew I needed to change that just haven't gotten to it.

Thanks for the positive and constructive feedback.

The members page is not my site. The gentleman who does it says he is a pure HTML guy. Good, but he never updates and the site is stale. That is why I built the .com site. It is a burr under my saddle because as President I asked him 4 years ago to update it. It still looks the same. It is only out of respect that I leave it as a clickable link as he has a link to the .com site from his.
    Mrs. Debbie Hicks
    Ret AF, AD2H
    IP

I just got my second site up and running, http://www.spiritualguidance.net
    only think I could get to work right from my "Dreamweaver Version of this site" was Random qoutes
    IP

Here is one of the sites I am rebuilding with XWD - just a dev site at the moment. The nav bar was built with Webstyle and imported, but does not link to anywhere yet.

http://www.bushtrack.com.au/train_trader_v3.0/

I would appreciate any comments. Thanks!

Rick
    Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!
    IP