Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Very nice Ross. As we have snow in our forecast, your video really looked good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    Unfortunately the movie lost lots of quality on youtube vs. my original on my hard drive.
    Ross the YouTube video looks great here when I view in HD. Even at full screen (1920x1200)
    Sometimes it takes a while for YT to encode the HD version after the standard version, I see that YT lists your video as being uploaded just 4 hours ago. This might explain why the quality looked poor at first?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rossvideo.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	57948  
    IP

Hi,
    Well here I am again with site update. Comments Welcome.
    I am by no means a 'guru' at this but any way here it is.
    MY site
    It is a work in progress as I learn Web Designer.
    JIm
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Thanks Steve, Angelize, and Paul for the nice feedback.

Steve when I see your screenshot I shudder! I suppose my problem is from the many hours of work put into it I get used to seeing it high resolution. Now seeing it at lower resolutions worries me if it will be acceptable to the client. I attach an image more indicative of the resolution I'm used to seeing it.

Regards, Ross

Name:	streetview.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	57950  
    IP

Yes sorry Ross, it looks much better on my screen, I had to shrink the screenshot and there's jpg compression to spoil what I see.

I for one can certainly appreciate your work in spite of the less than pristine online samples.
    IP

Thanks - I'll have to make a site that's a gallery of images from this project. In addition to the building exteriors & site stuff, the interior of one unit's is fully modelled and furnished. I don't typically need to put this level of detail into a 3d model. It was fun but lots of work.

Regards, Ross
    IP

Ok, so finally after a long week of burning midnight oil, MANY mistakes and learning a ton from the great folks here, I finally got my site uploaded. It's still in progress but had to get something out there for an upcoming event.

This is my first ever website and I've got a lot to learn. I did design my 2 logos though. I'm more of a designer type but the computer realm has been pretty foreign to me until recently, if you don't count surfing.

Comments always welcome, I do know there's a problem with my Nav Bar getting all jumbled in IE, don't know how to fix that.

The bar was created in menu maker. Everything else XWD

Peace!

Mark

www.customcoins.biz

There's other domains that I have which will be linked to this particular site but wanted to get it up and online first.
    IP

Looks really nice Mark.. I like your gold logo very much.

One problem for Google Chrome and Sarfari users, the nav popups appear way down the page and won't allow me to click them (they disappear as soon as I move my mouse).
    This may be a 'menu maker' maker issue with WebKit ? (Over to you John (covoxer))

Otherwise, well done Mark (an nice jewelry)

Name:	popups.png 
Views:	408 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	57959  
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalJeweler

Comments always welcome, I do know there's a problem with my Nav Bar getting all jumbled in IE, don't know how to fix that.

www.customcoins.biz
    I like your logo and general feel of the site. Some comments:

The nav bar was not jumbled in my browser (IE7).

I noticed that some important pages are kind of hidden as they are not mentioned on any button. I only accessed them by clicking the 'next' and 'previous' buttons at the bottom of each page. In my view, "About the Artist", "Contact Us" and "Custom Jewelry" deserve their own prominent buttons. If you have too little room for extra buttons, perhaps you can group all your jewelry lines under one button.

I suggest that you create a separate page for the "Links", on which you briefly present the links. This will give the visitor an idea to which site he would be directed before he clicks the button.

Some sub-menus are not working (at least in my browser), those under: "Engagement Rings" and "FAQ".
    IP

Mark - the site is coming along great. Further to the suggestions already made I'd suggest adding info about the materials you use. Seems to me visitors would want assurances about quality etc. --- some technical info isn't a bad thing.

It isn't clear from the site if there is a real associated jewelry store. If there is then please show it or at least talk about it & the staff. It could help reassure potential on-line purchasers.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I don't think your family pic is the right one for the purpose. It's fine if you were going to have more information / pics about yourself but given the small amount of info it doesn't inspire confidence that you are a pro. I really think you should add more info about yourself, training, style etc. Before I'd spend any money on an expensive on-line purchase I'd read every word two or three times. I believe the site visitor needs to build trust - so support that as much as you can.

Regards, Ross
    IP