Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Web Designer versus Xtreme Pro

Yes Ross you've hit the nail on the head there.
    John seems to be enjoying the challenges that members have provided by finding ways to make things work for them.
    It's rare to find such individuals - thank you John.

@Scotty: Very pertinent point
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 18 March 2009 at 10:44 PM.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Charles should give John (Covoxer) a raise! Or at least Charles should use Xtreme to make John an 'Employee of the Month' certificate.

I gave XWD a reasonable spin last night and it occurs to me that there is one very good reason why Xara shouldn't continue enhancing web features in extreme - workflow.

The Xara developers have built a highly-targeted application where everything relates to web development and consequently everything fits together really well - great job Xara.

With Xtreme trying to be a jack-of-all-trades it loses out on that focus and consequently I don't think web development will ever be as good in Xtreme as it is in XWD. Navigating around XWD is very easy and everything is related to the web.

The software is a pleasure to use (though it's not perfect).

If anyone using Xtreme is wishing for the XWD features to be put into Xtreme, at least check out how much better a targetted workflow is by downloading the trial.

As an Xtreme user, please leave the HTML capabilities where they are and just concentrate on XWD for that kind of thing.