Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

Wish list:
    * Page Explorer which allows multiple page selection & actions.
    * Page number in check box area would be nice. (I know it is on the bottom).
    * Proper names for the resources instead of 138.jpg. Current naming makes it hard to manually upload individual pages.
    * Synchronise option for upload instead of total upload each time
    * Tables. The rulers & tabs go part way
    * Easier setting of TABs on the rulers - too small & too finicky (have I missed a text box setting for them?) Perhaps like para spacing.
    * Ability to set BOTH margin & first line Tab simultaneously a la Word. Set one relative to other and then drag pair.
    * Drag & drop for video files.
    * Multi-level menus (yes built-in Webstyle - I'm sure it will come)
    * Publish location saved into each .WEB
    * ABility to link multiple .WEB files so that updates of Repeating objects can be effected in multiple .WEBs. Single .WEB files do not cut it for reasonable sized sites as they bloat too quickly. Great for small sites of a few pages. Large .web files (>150MB) cause memory overflow during export.
    * More control over where resources are located (instead of index_html...).
    Now this is pie in sky
    * Forms - feedback etc.
    * Database (don't really care which) access. Would love to control display of photos from filtered list from database.
    * Not altogether happy with Font rendering, especially light on dark. Handling of Font selection, esp Web Safe fonts is great.

I did say WISH and I am aware that this is a $50 program. This first pass, despite the length of my wish list, is excellent.
    PS: What are PMs?
    IP

Default Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    The ability to mulit-select when using Import from the file menu (or am I missing something? Yes, I know you can drag and drop but that's flipping windows backwards and forwards).
    Open WD - ctrl+select (or shift+select) your .web files in explorer and drop them onto the WD title bar.
    Viola! Multi-import.

Just as simple as (or maybe simpler than?);
    Open WD - go to: File>>Open>>Ctrl+Select (or shift+select) and pressing open.

And this is NOT a workaround.
    It's a method to achieve the desired result.
    A way to 'succeed'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	multi_import.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	58219  
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Open WD - ctrl+select (or shift+select) your .web files in explorer and drop them onto the WD title bar.
    Viola! Multi-import.

Just as simple as (or maybe simpler than?);
    Open WD - go to: File>>Open>>Ctrl+Select (or shift+select) and pressing open.

And this is NOT a workaround.
    It's a method to achieve the desired result.
    A way to 'succeed'
    I want to import multiple images at a time while working on a site without having to flick back and forth between folders and WD.
    IP

!) contact form
    2) ecommerce solution
    3) paypal integration
    Last edited by pat123; 01 April 2009 at 07:52 AM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pat123 View Post
    !) contact form
    2) ecommerce solution
    3) paypal integration
    I Second that motion!
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I don't know if this has been mentioned before -- sorry if it has...

I'd like to see John's (Covoxer's) priceless Tweaks be implemented as a feature such as "Get Tweaks..." that when clicked in the Design Gallery menu, would download & install/update the tweaks automatically. That way Xara could update the download as new tweaks are developed.

I'd also suggest that a graphic icon be developed for tweak placeholders --- so rather than just the yellowish rectangle the placeholder had a little something to highlight that it actually is a placeholder.

Regarding the tweaks, I'd suggest these be promoted as as important feature in the marketing of Xara WD. This form of extendability is very important to users and I thank John for his work in developing them.

Regards, Ross
    IP

Thumbs up Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

Navigation through the template galleries, i.e. when you open a picture and get the popup on your site you can move to next or previous images.
    IP

When dragging the right or bottom of a page to increase its size, enable a contraint key (ie., Ctr-drag) such that the stretching is done in whole pixel units.
    IP

What makes you think it isn't John?
    IP

Unhappy Re: What I'd like to see in Web Designer

Intigrate menu maker. There is alot of help here but I just can't seem to get my button to work properly. Or at least have some drop down templates to use. Just when I thought I had it all working when I test it it won't do what I want them to do. I like the menu maker and now that I have it I'd like to use it. Sorry, I have a flaming headache from trying to work on these between other things and just simply getting lost and frustrated.
    Mrs. Debbie Hicks
    Ret AF, AD2H
    IP