Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Info Re: Xara xone special edition: Xara web designer preview!!!

Good point John. So then you have to place your form on its own page and only with the first layer. You can different layers for different pages, correct?

Here's an example of how to add a multi-clock Google gadget to your page.

Go to the Google Gadgets page and select a gadget like the multiple clock gadget.

Configure the settings you want to use. In this case, I selected two clocks (you can have up to 9, I think), UK and New Mexico.

Note the size, 320 x 300 on the page.

When you are finished configuring your clocks, click Get The Code.

Google produces a snipped of code. Copy this code to the clipboard.

Create a placeholder rectangle the same size as indicated (320 x 300) and position it where you want it on the page.

Open Website Properties > Placeholder tabbed section, and paste the code in the Replace With HTML Code box. Press Apply.

Press Export and Preview Website.

A browser window opens and shows the page with the working gadget.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google-1.png 
Views:	457 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	56829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google-2.png 
Views:	466 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	56830  

Default Re: Xara xone special edition: Xara web designer preview!!!

Hi everyone,

A new forum Xara Web Designer is now open.

Xara Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I inserted all those Google gadgets and the YouTube video to show how easily this can be accomplished. I tried some of the same gadgets in NetObjects Fusion 11 and had the same results with the page scrolling to the center.

Hi Gary,

i have tried it with Fusion 11 everything works good - i can place the gadget or youtube video without that the page scrolls to the gadget or video just look at it:

www.visual-net.de/gadget

So i do not know, why in this example site it scrolls down to it...that was the first time i heard it this way because i often embeded for instance Youtube videos in a Fusion Website, without the "scrolling" and "center"-effect.

Michael

Must be the German version? :-)

Perhaps John Horn can explain this. I cannot.

Just returning to Bills post #6 here's a screengrab from FF & IE. As John say's looks like poor scripting in the plug-ins
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!jpg.png 
Views:	449 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	56844  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. Using IE7 on my Vista Ultimate machine I still see the extra graphic and text. Using Firefox 3.0 it displays correctly.

It is strange because using IE7 on my Vista Home Premium and XP SP3 machines it displays correctly.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thumbs up Re: Xara xone special edition: Xara web designer preview!!!

Wow, VERY impressive program--can't wait to try it out.

A few important questions:

1) Can XWD import existing websites (i.e. Frontpage or Sitespinner)?

2) Can XWD create pages with fields that can be edited by others? Say I want to design a site with four separate areas where each area can only be updated by me or by a specific department.

Welcome Frank,

Basically no to both questions. XWD is a root a graphics program that creates html pages. It doesn't work in reverse. To change the site, you change the graphics not any underlaying html (In fact the html doesn't exist until you export it.)

On your second point again not in the traditional manner but there's nothing stopping xar sharing between departments to achieve the same results.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Welcome Frank,
    Hi! Have been a user of various Xara products for some time but Web Designer REALLY has my interest now!

Basically no to both questions. XWD is a root a graphics program that creates html pages. It doesn't work in reverse.
    I figured as much, but "always ask".

On your second point again not in the traditional manner but there's nothing stopping xar sharing between departments to achieve the same results.
    But I don't want them to accidentally move or redesign anything by accident, so having an app that would let users edit just an area of a Web Designer page they've been given rights to do so would be awesome!

Thanks for the quick answers...now waiting 'til "mid-week".

Quote Originally Posted by visual-net View Post
    Hi Gary,

i have tried it with Fusion 11 everything works good - i can place the gadget or youtube video without that the page scrolls to the gadget or video just look at it:

www.visual-net.de/gadget

So i do not know, why in this example site it scrolls down to it...that was the first time i heard it this way because i often embeded for instance Youtube videos in a Fusion Website, without the "scrolling" and "center"-effect.

Michael
    You have used wrong snippet. The scrolling is done by this one:

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://blog.outer-court.com/homepage/miniweb.xml&amp;synd=open&amp;w=320&amp;h=190&amp; title=Mini+Web&amp;border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+so lid+%23999999&amp;output=js"></script>

Try it.
    John.