Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Some samples as requested

A couple of members here asked me to provide samples of my work, so I have attached some Xara files with those.

The artwork is copyright and only for viewing purposes. I picked some old work, since the newest stuff might annoy customers if it were displayed at this time. The artwork in this file is mostly between 4 and 8 years old.

I produce a range of stuff, from cartoons to logos, maps and illustrations. I’ve found Xara to be an invaluable tool.

The best thing about Xara is that it allows you to do your work quickly. It’s fast.

The sad thing about Xara is that very few people know about it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Some samples as requested

thanks for that Allen
    certainly gives the idea of what your style is like

good of you to post up the xar files so we can see how you did it, rather than just images, that's always welcome

be aware you only have two hours edit time of posts in this forum - after that you need to talk a mod into removing them if you don't intend them to stay permanently

the debate in the marketing thread seems to have settled into the usual 'artists' [xtreme is brilliant] versus 'designers' [where's the CMYK]

I think they are both right.....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    thanks for that Allen
    certainly gives the idea of what your style is like .....
    Thanks handrawn. I’ve come a way forward since then, and today’s designs are a little better. I had to use old files because my current customers might not like their stuff being displayed.

be aware you only have two hours edit time of posts in this forum - after that you need to talk a mod into removing them if you don't intend them to stay permanently
    Thanks for the heads up. I’m pretty sure this is safe, because anyone using these images will be roasted by the companies in question. As for me, I’ll be sunbaking in Acapulco.

the debate in the marketing thread seems to have settled into the usual 'artists' [xtreme is brilliant] versus 'designers' [where's the CMYK]
    This is true. The problem for me is usually that printers don’t know what Xara is, and they react as though you’re an alien offering them a strange drug. You have to tame them, so to speak. Then you get the problems with colors not matching, and so it goes on. Quite an adventure.

Some nice work Allen,
    Why not post some pics in the xara gallery!
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Allen, very impressive. I particularly like you caricatures. Always nicer to see someone's work.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Some very good work there Allen. Thanks for showing.

Thanks Allen for showing your files you do your prep. work like me, hand drawn first and then imported in where the shape editor takes over.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Wow, some very incredible stuff. Keep on posting!

Beautiful, professional work, James!

Quote Originally Posted by Allen James View Post
    A couple of members here asked me to provide samples of my work, so I have attached some Xara files with those.

The artwork is copyright and only for viewing purposes. I picked some old work, since the newest stuff might annoy customers if it were displayed at this time. The artwork in this file is mostly between 4 and 8 years old.

I produce a range of stuff, from cartoons to logos, maps and illustrations. I’ve found Xara to be an invaluable tool.

The best thing about Xara is that it allows you to do your work quickly. It’s fast.

The sad thing about Xara is that very few people know about it.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer