Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Default Re: PSP7: pane of layer palette gone missing

I just wanted to say thanks for helping me out today with this problem, too :-)
    IP

Glad we could help.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Okay, I know this thread is old, and had to do with part of someones layer palette missing...but it was the closest one I could find to my issue - my tool palette is MIA.

I bumped the side of a TV remote as I moved my mouse across the mouse pad. At the same time, this caused me to hit either a button on the left side of my mouse, or the left mouse button. That button on the side is used to "go back" in web browsers. About the same time as the big crash (lol), I saw out of the corner of my eye my tool palette disappeared. Because there are times when I will accidentally hit some key combo that changes how different palettes react, I tried to recreate what had happened when the tool palette disappeared, but with no luck. When I couldn't find it or get it back by toggling the the tool palette icon in the standard tool bar, I closed PSP - I was sure this would fix the problem, but it didn't.

When I reopend PSP, I tried toggling the tool palette icon from the standard tool bar again, but still this didn't work. I then went to View>>Toolbars. In this box, I checked to make sure there was a checkmark by the tool palette - which there was because the tool palette icon in the standard tool bar was still depressed. I took the checkmark out, then put it back in. Still, no tool palette.

I closed PSP again, and rebooted the computer. Reopened PSP...but the tool palette was still missing.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm guessing this has never happened (????????) 'cause when I googled "Paint Shop Pro 7 tool palette disappeared," a link to this forum, this thread, was the only search result that appeared even remotely related.

Thanks
    Last edited by fixit; 21 February 2014 at 10:24 PM. Reason: correct the name of a tool bar
    IP

Hey guys, joined to thank you for having this discussion and leaving the file. I had the exact same problem with PSP7 and Googled to find an answer which lead me here. Knowing nothing about registry keys (and having been warned against messing with them incessantly) it took me a bit longer as I had to go to microsoft and learn how to back up and export the keys, etc. Which was quite simple. Then I compared and I also had the 'Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00' language so I edited it in wordpad and then resaved it as a reg file. Double clicked answered yes and my double pane was back! You guys are life savers. I just hope that all made sense, but the important part is that it worked.

Thanks!
    Last edited by xx_Anakin_xx; 09 January 2009 at 12:17 PM.
    IP

Hi xx_Anakin_xx,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I'm glad that fixed your problem.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hi Anakin

Well, I never guessed my Layer Palette problem would be anyone else's! -- so glad it came in handy, and in the nick of time for you too
    How do you think yours came about?

Soquili/Bill and Sledger:
    Thanks for all the tips and suggestions about system resources. Are you sure you're OK with me posting here about it? -- as it's not really anything to do with PSP.

I'd need to get back to you with more details about what loads at startup etc, as a bit short on time right now, but here are just the basic system details for now:

XP Pro v2002 Service Pack 3
    Intel Core 2 CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.87 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

And yes, I do have a wallpaper and the present one is about 250 kb.

I also have a tuning/cleanup utility which is run fairly regularly (Ashampoo WinOptimizer 5), and have already got rid of quite a few things from startup -- not sure if Quicktime was one of them and would need to check and post again about all this, provided no one has an objection to going so off-topic.
    IP

Hi Cottager,

You seem to have a very good system with lots of memory.

A 250 kb image as wallpaper isn't bad. I've known people to use a 250 Mb image as wallpaper on a machine with 256 Mb RAM

You could start a new thread in the Off-Topic Chat forum when you get back to us with more information about your system.

Steve (sledger) and I view all the forums here at Talkgraphics as frequently as our day jobs allow. Moderators here at Talkgraphics are volunteers that like to help others.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    I've known people to use a 250 Mb image as wallpaper on a machine with 256 Mb RAM
    What???? Certainly deserves the LOL

You seem to have a very good system with lots of memory.
    That's what I hoped you'd think. Hmmm, makes the resources thing hard to understand, then. Anyway, thanks and I'll post more on the other board when I can.

Steve (sledger) and I view all the forums here at Talkgraphics as frequently as our day jobs allow. Moderators here at Talkgraphics are volunteers that like to help others.
    And don't we all appreciate it... a big vote of thanks.
    IP

This and other Questions are answered on Porters Campratty
    http://www.campratty.com/1faq/faqpag...ml#anchor20191

Sadly many of PS P's leading light went over to the other side after corel took over PSP and did nothing with it. They where also big friends of the Jasc development team and programmers Who would also pop in to news groups to answer queries.
    IP

I registered just to say thank you. My layer palette is now back to normal. Re-installing didn't help at all. You saved the day!

Dean
    IP