Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bug in grouped shapes and transparencies?

David please explain what bug you perceive.

The difference in how the left and right circles is due to pixels not being square but rectangular.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: 4.0.1 patch now available

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    What bug are we looking for David?
    The left circle doesn't resize to the size you give it. Try 12pix x 12pix and see what size the circle ends up.

According to my communications with Xara, you are supposed to be able to resize multiple circles at once to final given values using those boxes. This bug makes that impossible if you haven't made the circles with correct node positions. When you have a scenario where you want to do that, the 'workaround' is one that leaves you swearing, because you rarely have such nodes, and you will be resizing for a long time when it could have been done in three seconds. Even 'mousing' that many gets to be a pain.

Try it in 3.0 (not 3.2) and you will see the correct handling of the circles.

Do you still have version 3.0 installed so you can compare it with 4.0?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Not anymore, but I did. Xara support also indicated that 3.0 worked correctly, and that 3.2 and above didn't. I never purchased (nor tried out) 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    The left circle doesn't resize to the size you give it. Try 12pix x 12pix and see what size the circle ends up.
    David if I manually enter 12pix H x 12pix W and hit enter, your left circle (which started as 37.5 x 37.5 pix) resizes correctly to 12 x 12pix in version 4.0.1.5601

What size do you get?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12pix.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	55015  

I have tested your .xar file in Xara X¹ (version 1.1d) and Xtreme (version 2.0f) and they both behave the same as Xtreme Pro 3.2 and 4.0. That is on three different computers of different manufacturers and different operating systems.

Version 3.0 is no longer available for download so I cannot test that specific version.

If your system exhibits problems that no one else can duplicate I do not see how you can still think the problem is a bug in Xara's software.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    David if I manually enter 12pix H x 12pix W and hit enter, your left circle (which started as 37.5 x 37.5 pix) resizes correctly...
    Reread posts 16 & 22--those aren't the edit boxes I mentioned. Even Xara support confirmed the bug, and the absence of it in 3.0. They just haven't done anything, although they marked it 'high priority.' They also couldn't read, and it took almost a month-long exchange for their 'bug man' to realize that I wasn't just blowing smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    ...If your system exhibits problems that no one else can duplicate I do not see how you can still think the problem is a bug in Xara's software.
    Why did you write that? I've already mentioned that Xara confirmed the bug, so obviously my machine isn't the only one that exhibits this behavior. You have also already shown that you witnessed, and understand, the faulty behavior.

David I noticed that if you only adjust one of the width or height fields to enlarge the ellipse you will see a slightly different elongation of the ellipse on the left compared to the one on the right. In place of it being vertical or horizontal depending on which one you adjust.

The circle on the left has the nodes so they will not move vertically or horizontally the same as the circle that has the nodes vertical and horizontal.

Do you have the email where Xara confirmed the bug and possibly a bugzilla reference number? I can check on the status of the report.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

The ticket ID was HQH-725408.
    Last edited by David O'Neil; 06 January 2009 at 04:42 AM.

Other than the node skewing what indications did you experience?

I have not seen anything other than the different elongation until the corresponding height/width was adjust to recreate the circle at the new radius.

I'll see if the Support ticket number will cross reference but it is not the same as a bugzilla report number.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update