Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Adobe customers avoid it to buy Creative Suite 4

I don't think Adobe are any more 'in trouble' than is to be expected in the current climate
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I think may be you're wrong there Steve! Up to CS1 all of the products were sold as individual items and they were in an expanding market so most products sold easily an upgrades took about three years to come out so no huge demand for developers of the product. But now with the huge product range of the Suite and the upgrade demand from Adobe for every two years the need for developers have increased but the demand of CS4 is so poor then Adobe has no money to pay for the development that has been done and certainly no money for any future improvement. In the current financial situation the first thing to go is jobs and skills which will be hard to replace and if this recession continues Adobe will be on a sticky wicket.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

In all honesty, and with strategic marketing in mind... they should launch a campaign which lowers the price significantly during the current financial crisis... A move like that might help both their own, as well as the consumers at the moment.
    Show the general public they are "in-tune" with them and it would attract a lot of attention. Cutting all those jobs will bring very poor PR.
    All companies "project" or list what they think their profits will be for the upcoming year... and then, when it's not up to par... it is considered a loss. I have always hated that form of figuring... it causes many problems.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I think may be you're wrong there Steve! .
    I take the point

But - will I be upgrading to anything [including 'lets do photos and HTML' Xtreme] in 2009/10..... I don't think so

The current climate means upgrading not to what we would like - but what we really need - across the board
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Who needs it ? I still have a copy of Photoshop 7 and illustrator 8 and they work fine, I get tired of paying for silly upgrades all of the time.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

I quite agree Bruce

I stuck with photoshop 6 and illustrator 10 until 8 or so months ago

I stuck with windows 98se until XP and I will leapfrog vista almost certainly

and xtreme 5 ? - its not looking good - even if they bring out new vector tools its probably too late, CS4 has ones I need now, eg brushes and live trace/paint, and I'm committed - maybe xtreme 6.... who knows
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP