Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep logged in.

Default Keep logged in.

Since I got my new computer I can't keep myself logged onto TG. After 10 minutes or so I'm logged out. This can be a PIA when composing a reply.

Could anyone help me with my Senior Moment and remind me how to stay logged in unless I chose to log out.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Keep logged in.

Aside from making sure your browser is accepting cookies from TG, put a tick in the 'remember me' box should be enough. That's all I've ever done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	login.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	2.0 KB 
ID:	54105  

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Since I got my new computer I can't keep myself logged onto TG. After 10 minutes or so I'm logged out. This can be a PIA when composing a reply.

Could anyone help me with my Senior Moment and remind me how to stay logged in unless I chose to log out.
    When you log in, make sure you check the 'remember me' box. It sets a cookie in your browser. If you've been doing that, make sure you have cookies enabled and if you are blocking cookies, make sure TG isn't one of them.

If you continue to have that problem, you may want to check any anti-virus solution you have to see if there are any settings there that would be blocking cookies.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Cheers Steve / Chris,

I've ensured that the remember me is ticked and I've got cookies enabled and the TG cookies are in the cookies folder. I can't find anything within my AV to kick me out. I'm quite puzzled.

Name:	!gif.gif 
Views:	78 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	54107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!gif2.gif 
Views:	85 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	54108  

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

have you asked the fox to remember your password?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

check you have 'remember passwords for sites' ticked - if not it needs to be

you do not need to use a master password - but the individual passwords are directly accessible from your machine if you do not

it should prompt you when you access the site, to remember or not, [three options - choose 'always' if you want to stay logged on all the time]

Name:	secdia.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	54109  
    Nothing lasts forever...

'Remember Password' will sign you in automatically when you visit, but not prevent a session from expiring.

Egg try another browser and see if the same thing happens. At least you will be able to track it down to a browser issue or other security setting.

Which AV do you use?

really?

I was rather thinking if the password is not remembered it will log you out - depending on your browser habits

'tis my experience anyway...
    Nothing lasts forever...

oh and do you use any add-ons Egg? - noscript, permit cookies or the like?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Cheers Steve's, Yes I have remember password ticked (but not Master) and I've checked and FF has the correct password stored for TG and no I have no add-ons like that installed.

I'll try it in IE and also on my laptop in FF when I get a moment. I'm using Norton Security Online supplied by Yahoo BT Online Protection that comes as part of my ISP package.
    Egg