Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flash Player Content

Over the past 36 hours I've been having BIG problems with the Flash Player. For example I can view:

http://www.harwichconnexions.co.uk/

but if I view

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=34983

the swf files aren't visible.

The problem started with FF but it's now the same in IE.

I've tried uninstalling Flash Player 10 but the problem persists.

Anyone else having these problems? Please help, before I smash my head through the monitor!
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Flash Player Content

You're not alone, Egg. It seems to be the newest Flash Player update.

Remi

Egg were all the swf files in the TG thread not showing or was it your latest post in the thread?

I edited your flash display code in post #11 of that thread. The = between the word width and 480 was missing.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Bill, the Flash Plugin shows only white space - in the whole thread.

Screenshot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flash.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	53240

Remi

Egg,

I'm using the Flash Player Version: WIN 9,0,124,0 and everything is displaying as expected on both of the site pages you linked to. Did you just upgrade to Flash Player 10, forced or otherwise, when everything started to go 'bugwunkie"? If so, you may want to drop back a version.

Good luck,
    HayTay

Hi Remi, I have the same version of the player as HayTay. The only animation that was not showing in the thread was in Post #11.

I think I may have version 10 of the player installed on another machine. I'll view the thread on that machine and compare with the version on the machine I'm currently using.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

If anyone is interested, here's the link to Adobe's Version test for Adobe Flash Player (tn_15507).

Hi Bill/Remi/HayTay,

Did you just upgrade to Flash Player 10, forced or otherwise, when everything started to go 'bugwunkie"?
    Bugwunkie's the word! (And a very nice word too!). I first noticed it last night when FF stoped displaying in-line swfs on the TG forum. However if I veiwed the same page in IE and I could see the animations no problem.

Tonight however I can't view the in-line swfs in either FF or IE. I've tried uninstalling Flash Player 10 but this hasn't resolved the issue.

Thanks for your input.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Since yesterday I have version 10,0,12,36 installed and my Firefox Browser isn't able to view some animations (like this) - there is only white space.

But if I open the same page with Internet Explorer, Adobes shows the version number 9,0,124,0 and I'm able to see the Flash content with IE.

There must be a problem with the current installation on my PC, because of the different versions within the two Browsers (both on the same PC). Normally, the version numbers of the Flash Player are equal on both Browsers after the update.

Remi

Cheers for the link HayTay. It informs me I have WIN 10,0,12,36 installed. It doesn't resolve my issue though.
    Egg