I am sorry that you found my remarks offensive I was only trying to be helpful. Think about what you are saying here that you would send an EPS file to a printer who had not updated their software since something that was designed and released pre 1995 how limiting that must be for you in the design area. I would imagine for a start that text would be a problem and then I could state the obvious like opacity,blends, warping,most brushes, meshes, masks, gradients and transparencies all would be needed to be left out of your design if you have to limit yourself down to version 3 of Illustrator. Version 3 was only brought out for the Mac it wasn't till version 4 that window users got a programme that was usable for them.

I have used both CD & FH since mid 90's and I still use FH mx for certain jobs and I have had no problems exporting files between programmes so long as I remember the limitations of the export. The only reason now to use EPS is if you want some one else to work on your drawings, as EPS is device independent, using another programmes features or if you are exporting your drawing to be used as clipart. For clients to view & review you would use the obvious PDF.