Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Imaginate that when you release tour left mouse button the line you have just drawn is joined or grouped with the previous one. That could be an option of the drawing tools.

In fact very useful to draw in a more natural media way while using line dithering. Here are some samples of what could be automatically and instantly obtained this way :

1 2 (the dino) 3

Another IMPORTANT PROGRESS could be also the ability to vectorize the effect of featherings afterwards. That could be even more useful than contouring !!!

kindly,
    ivan

Imaginate that when you release tour left mouse button the line you have just drawn is joined or grouped with the previous one. That could be an option of the drawing tools.

In fact very useful to draw in a more natural media way while using line dithering. Here are some samples of what could be automatically and instantly obtained this way :

1 2 (the dino) 3

Another IMPORTANT PROGRESS could be also the ability to vectorize the effect of featherings afterwards. That could be even more useful than contouring !!!

kindly,
    ivan

Ivan,

This might be a good idea if one could press a key while drawing and the lines automatically be converted to shapes and when one line overlaid another add shapes could be automatically applied to both shapes.

Very interesting too !!!

I think the classical approach of vector drawing tools should be a little bit enhanced with this kind of automated tasks. However interactivity could be improved too.
    Perhaps one could open a special thread dedicated to this kind of specific improvements and features request.

kindly,
    ivan

"Perhaps one could open a special thread dedicated to this kind of specific improvements and features request." - Ivan

I thought you just did? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Awe but that would put you off topic, and that is a big no-no around here. They hang you by your mouse cord if you do it to often. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Default Re: Feature request : draw joined and draw grouped

Yesterday I discovered that my "draw-joined" proposal was already in Inkscape. Simply press the Shift key while drawing and every what you draw is automatically joined. Or select an object already drawn, press Shift without releasing it and draw.

That could partly solve what I evocated in this thread :

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=33972

kindly,
    ivan