Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default I need some creative help!

I need to make a banner for a website but im at a block on what to make it look like. Its for a "Systems and Technology" department. The colors need to be black white and maroonish. Im attaching a banner from another part of the website for an example. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banner_acadaff.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	51655

Default Re: I need some creative help!

Use the same treatment, but use a picture of a computer against a background of a circuit board ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Actually the attachment wasnt created by me but thanks for the idea!

If no1 is super busy can i get some visuals? i cant seem to get what im trying to in the rectangle.

This is one of the things i was trying but it doesnt seem right.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	51668

Quote Originally Posted by chris8186 View Post
    If no1 is super busy can i get some visuals? i cant seem to get what im trying to in the rectangle.
    Sounds like you are asking for a freebie Chris. We don't do this at TG.
    Your example shows very little effort at all on your part. Perhaps if you actually created some visuals of your own to post, we'd be able to give you some better pointers. As it is, you have a large rectangle which a small image plonked randomly inside, were you serious?
    Try building up your banner from the background first, adding objects as you go. These can easily be moved and manipulated in Xtreme until you find a layout that looks pleasing.
    Post your results for further help here.

no im definitely not asking for a freebie. ive been creating a few that i may be going with but they still need some work. will post then soon enough.

I also came up with this one but its too plain. i want to work with the template above with the harddrive on it but im not sure where to go from there.

Name:	syscomp1.gif 
Views:	342 
Size:	383.2 KB 
ID:	51669

ok this is what im leaning towards. I just need some help with 2 things. When exported the red color around the white writing becomes fuzzy. how do i fix that? Also i want to slightly overlap the red onto the hard drive part with some opacity on just that part. Whats the best way to go about that?

Name:	TEST1.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	51674

Quote Originally Posted by chris8186 View Post
    ok this is what im leaning towards. I just need some help with 2 things. When exported the red color around the white writing becomes fuzzy. how do i fix that? Also i want to slightly overlap the red onto the hard drive part with some opacity on just that part. Whats the best way to go about that?
    Red is a bad choice when using solid colour as part of a designed being exported to JPG.
    The only way around it with JPG is to decrease the compression significantly (increase quality).
    The alterative would be to use the PNG file type instead.
    For the text overlay.

1. Overlap your text onto the HDD pic then send it behind the HDD pic
    2. Clone the text so that the clone (copy) is now on-top
    3. Select only the cloned copy and use the Transparency tool (F6) and adjust the slider to apply the opacity level you want.