Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: web pages

Threaded View

Default web pages

I've just got around to producing a few (three) pages as a trial for Xara as a site creation tool.
    I've used Net Objects and Frontpage without too much trouble for the small amount of work I do in that area but was looking forward to the ease of use and hopefully better looking site I was going to produce with Xara. So I made a few test pages and linked them all together with nav.buttons and stuck a few random photographs on with a 'photograph big' layer link etc etc and tested it in IE and was thrilled at the ease in creating such a wonderful few pages of nonsense.
    However I then came to try to upload the site, again as a test, too a bit of free space and try as I might I cannot get it to upload, or rather it seems to upload fine but doen't exist when you go to the appropriate url.
    I've saved it as index.html so I have index > index_2 > index_3 with the usual folder of various bits of graphics and stuff as expected for my three pages.
    I point FileZilla to - ftp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk (pwp for personal web page, free space) enter my user name and password and you would expect it to all go swimmingly but, nothing.
    Am I missing something, apart from a few brain cells?
    When I uploaded an existing few pages created in Frontpage to the same location there they were no problems so its obviously something I'm doing wrong in saving the Xara site.
    HELP!!??
    Derek
    Last edited by masque; 02 September 2008 at 04:22 PM.