Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool PspX2 - How do I get plugins loaded?

Just installed PSP x2 How do I get plugins loaded .it says plugins not loaded .
    can you please go through the steps to install the plugins . I see in file locations that they have a route when I trace the route it says they finish in PSP photox2/corel.07
    but nowhere do I see the files
    IP

Default Re: PspX2

Here's a good place for you to take a look at: http://thepluginsite.com/
    There are articles about plugin installation, making the program recognize them, required dlls that you need to put into the Windows directory for some plugins, etc.

On a side note, is this the first time you deal with PSPP? If so, maybe you should get to know the program a little bit better before going after plugins.
    IP

Default Re: PspX2

In PSP go to the File Menu>Preferences>File Locations and the attached dialogue box opens, and lets you choose where PSP looks for plugins.
    I've outlined in red the default location. You place your Plugin Files (.8bf) here. A lot of plugins will ask where you want to install the plugins,
    and you can choose this destination. PSP should not be running when you install.
    Next time PSP is loaded, open an image and go to Effects>Plugins.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file locations.jpg 
Views:	792 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	51038  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Talking Re: PspX2 - How do I get plugins loaded?

Thanks bob , can I use the plugins that were used in my earlier versions the last was psp8 (in pspx2) ? If so could i just copy them over ? or would I have to download new ones ?
    IP

Default Re: PspX2 - How do I get plugins loaded?

I don't see why not, Les. I have some ancient plugins that worked in PSP 5 and work fine in PSP X, I don't imagine PSP X2 is any different. They all work if you use Photoshop or Elements or PhotoImpact as a host and point PSP to the relevant folder. In the past when I didn't have a fast PC I put them all in the graphics program I used least, and pointed PSP to that, so that PSP wouldn't take ages to load. Welcome to the TG forum, by the way.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

I followed a route as shown on the C:\ drive but got to the languages part but there is no plugins folder after that or before that in pspX2http://usera.imagecave.com/Les/cdrive2.jpghttp://usera.imagecave.com/Les/cdrive1.jpg
    IP

Hi Les, I just installed PSP X2 and went to File>Preferences>File Locations and got the File Locations Dialogue box as before. I clicked on the button I've highlighted, which loaded the Browse For Folder Dialogue Box. It defaults to the path I've highlighted in the Programe Files Folder. Corel 01 seems to be the place. If you have no joy with this, you could still install an older version of PSP and load your plugins there. It doesn't mean that you have to run the older PSP (or any other graphics program that is compatible with Photoshop plugins) though.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plugind folder.jpg 
Views:	750 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	51046  
    IP

Thanks for steering me in the right direction . I found that 01 was for brushes .
    plugins was into languages\ en \plugins
    I found each one was different anyway I added another path as you said and it worked to my old psp 8 plugins . thanks again .
    les
    IP

Glad you got it sorted, Les. The file structure changed when Corel bought JASC, it worked perfectly well up until then.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    IP

Do not copy them over Your plugins should be stored in a plugins folder in my psp 8 folder or my psp folder In my case I had created a Plugins folder befor PSP 8 came along so left them where they where as some plugins need to be installed with serial no so moving upsets that. Now in PSP all you need do is tell it where you keep them in the file locations Just add there location by browsing to there folder.
    Any plugins that came with your psp such as the nix can be installed into the corel paint shop pro photo root folder. If you uninstall P_SP that folder will disappear and all its contents. No problem because when you reinstall they are installed along with the application. The ones that are in the my psp or my Psp8 folder in my documents do not get removed This is so you don't lose the resources you have made , bought or downloaded
    IP