Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Selective [Paste attributes]

I don't know if this has been requested before, although I would not be surprised as I have desired this for years:

I would love to be able to [copy attributes] and be able to choose which ones I want to be pasted. It seems like an obvious necessity to me for everyone and I don't see how implementing it could pose any problems.

Example; I have a colourful shape with a bevel. I copy it as I want to have the same bevel but not colour, featured on another shape. In fact I already have the bevel but I want it to have the same light angle and light elevation without changing my contrast.
    True love is the ultimate truth

Default Re: Selective [Paste attributes]

Interesting..
    How would you see this working?
    Some sort of check-box selection list when pasting attribs?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Interesting..
    How would you see this working?
    Some sort of check-box selection list when pasting attribs?
    Yes, a check box would be fine. I know it could get a little long winded (complicated) but I do feel that it would be invaluable to most users.

If you could pull some strings Steve I would be very grateful
    True love is the ultimate truth

What about an attribute history in a new 'Gallery dock' ? (thinking out aloud here you understand )

Quote Originally Posted by salaam View Post
    If you could pull some strings Steve I would be very grateful
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, however I have no more clout than anyone else here in-so-far-as Xtreme wish-list priorities go.

I know the Xara team visit TG regularly, so any topic that receives a lot of support and attention is bound to catch their eye

CorelDraw already has this feature.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corel.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	50652  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Umm... Yes Bob, but I think we're discussing the potential for adding a desired feature to XaraXtreme. (Of course I know you know that you know that ).
    It's not much help for Xtreme users that CD has something similar already, so how would what salaam suggests for Xtreme fit in and how would it help workflow for the average user? Is it a specialty feature, or one that might be indispensible?
    How often does the average user make use of 'paste-attributes' in it's current form?

Quote Originally Posted by salaam View Post
    I would love to be able to [copy attributes] and be able to choose which ones I want to be pasted. It seems like an obvious necessity to me for everyone and I don't see how implementing it could pose any problems.
    Hi Sledger, as Anas stated in his original post, the implementation was in his opinion not a problem. I was merely reinforcing his view by stating that if Messrs. Corel have already implemented this feature, then yes, it is definitely possible. Whether Xara's coding would make it a difficult implementation is, of course, a horse of another colour.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

There are times when I could use this feature.

I find Paste Attributes to be very useful. I could use the choice salaam suggests sometimes, but I wouldn't want to have to deal with it all the time.

If the checkbox list were set up as an option that I could set and forget until the next time I wanted to change it, that would be great. Otherwise, it would just slow down the workflow.

Perhaps a right-click menu would be the answer.
    Saludos,
    Bob.