Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
Tom I can't think of any sensible reason why a .uk domain name would be used for anything other than a site and/or business which is located in the .uk ?
Seeing the domain name and 'Leicester' made it reasonably clear (to me) that the restuarant is in Leicester, UK and not in Atherton, Qld Australia.
I would not assume that any normal user would pay attention to the domain name. I am too critical and detail oriented to be normal. I only looked at it because I did not know where the restaurants were located and I was looking for some clues.

Also, Leicester is used to identify other towns in the world. The one I am most familiar with is in Massachusetts, US. There are others in New York and North Carolina, US. There is also a Leicester Island in Australia, and, according to Google, there is a Leicester City in Australia.

The point I was trying to make was advertise the location. Location info helps the user and also helps the Search Engines index the site. I think those are good goals to have for any commercial website.