Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to add site to Google Search

Is there a way to add my site so when you google it or do search on the web it shows up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Danny

Default Re: How to add site to Google Search

Let's see from what I can remember you submit your website directly to Google's webcrawler.

Here's the link for you. http://www.google.com/addurl/

Just remeber it may take a while for their crawler to get to your website, so don't expect immediate results.

Good Luck,

Jen

Additional to the above Danny you can also use web master tools once you register an account. It's free but I can't find the link at the moment.
    EDIT: HERE

From there you can register your site with google maps as well as view stats about how google is crawling your site. You can upload a site map and say how often google should spider all or parts of your site. It's very useful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	49417  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 28 May 2008 at 11:33 AM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Title tags are very important. I covered adding Title Tags about 2/3 down on this page in the HTML Workbook.

Title tags are not seen on the web page but do appear if a visitor bookmarks your page.

And the Title tag identifies your site so the search engines can find it.

If your home page is titled HOME it tells the search engines nothing.

But if your home page title reflects the nature of your website, for example, The Garden Shop - Gardening Tools, Books, and Apparel, this will help the search engines determine your content.

It is also a good idea to get the major keywords in the text on the home page. If you have a simple graphic and no text, this tells the search engines nothing. But if, again using the Garden Shop idea, your copy includes the same words and other major items sold on your site.

If you offer a service or information then explain that too.

Try to anticipate the words that people will be searching for and then make sure these words appear in your title and your text.

If you include specific images, add an Alt Tag. This is explained in the Help file (SEARCH > Alt Tags). An image that is named 07.png tells a search engine nothing. But an Alt tag that says, Goatskin Gardeners Gloves, reveals more of the content for your site to the search engines.

Often in such cases, the image of the Goatskin Gardeners Gloves will appear in Google IMAGES when a visitor searches for Goatskin Gardeners Gloves, or Gardeners Gloves, or Goatskin Gloves and will have a link back to your website.

Gary
    Last edited by gwpriester; 28 May 2008 at 02:30 PM.

Wow, thanks a million for all the info. I'll start working on that now. Hopefully I can get it all to work.

Also if my backround is black and I type all of my key words in black will that be picked up as well or does it have to show?

Danny

Danny, using the colour of text to 'hide' it is frowned upon by S/E's and it's one of the quickest way to get removed.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Danny,

I "ditto" what Egg said.

Also, keeping good info that's interesting on your page is only going to add attention to your site.

I get a lot of negative feedback from web developers on my site because I use a lot of images for my text and it doesn't read through with the web crawlers, however I have high google results for "primitive embroidery" because it's a niche market. So I don't always go by the rules.

Because I'm an artist and the visual is very important to me I use other ways to promote my site along with the search engines.

Just remember it takes time for people to know your there. It took me a good 4 months to get more than 30 visitors a day. I now get a few hundred, but in the web world that's still small stuff. You just have to be patient and it'll happen. It helps to join forums that are relevant to your website topic and get involved to build relationships that'll help your site along... network.

Hope this helps,

Jen

Great advice from Jen, Gary and Egg. I find it very interesting that so many people now seem to have become interested in making a web page since Xtreme offers the new html export.
    I would not try to hide text by making it the same color as the background. doing things like this might seem like a good idea but as EGG mentioned this can get your web site excluded from the search engines. They don't like people trying to trick them.
    If you have good relevant content on your pages then the search engines should pick it up. Most of this can be done through extreme.
    Another thing is to work on your meta tags but you will have to edit the html file to get that part done. You can do that in notepad.
    also building links will help your site in the search engine rating. trade links with other sites that have relevant content.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

There is a freeware meta tag generator called "Metty" that I have used in the past. It creates a text file that you can paste directly into the HTML. Seems to work well and is probably still available.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Very small text (invisible/unreadable) is also frowned upon by search engines. Repeating your keywords an obsence amount of times (spam) is also frowned upon.

Adding irrelevant keywords will also get yourself dinged by the search engines (lifetime supply of dog biscuits - yet your site doesn't have anything to do with dog biscuits).
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook