I am considering upgrading, finally, to Xtreme Pro4. I have waited for several versions now to see if the development team would finally add nested/grouped or a more advanced layering system. It's really the only thing that is holding me back from spending the money although I admit some of the new features are a quite compelling.

The truth is I have made a full time living, over the past couple of years, using Xtreme to rock out web site templates, PowerPoint templates and other various graphic design projects. I will admit however that not having more advanced layers has been a considerable pain in my axle this whole time. The problem becomes quite severe on projects that have A LOT of pieces which must be turned on/off in order do a live mock-up for customers or even for exporting purposes. As you might imagine, finding things in a list of 50-100 layers without being able to divide them into logical groupings can be quite cumbersome.

So my question is whether anyone knows if more advanced layers are ever going to happen or are even a consideration of Charles and his team? Is it possible that I am just shooting blanks in the wind here hoping for something that is not likely to materialize?

Please understand that I love Xtreme, it is the most used application on my computer but I am just frustrated today, again, with the lack of grouped/nested layers. I think maybe my ability to just say, “Oh well, I can live with it”, is a little on the low side today.