Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repeat Key Command

I'm not sure if it's just because lately I've been focussing on multi page layouts which duplicate objects across numerous pages to take advantage of the new web export options, but ...

Buried among the (very) extensive keyboard commands, is there an equivalent to the F4 function that's found in the MSOffice applications?

ie. to "repeat the last command"

For example, after selecting an object and applying some formatting, style, colour, etc, is there a key combination that will allow the same formatting to be applied to a newly selected object(s)?

I had a good look through the keyboard command list and couldn't see anything obvious, but wasn't sure if I'd missed something.

====
    snicho

Default Re: Repeat Key Command

Go to Xtremes Help file and key in to the 'Search' field the words 'paste attributes'.

I think this may be what you seek

Select first object and press Ctrl+C.
    Select second object and press Ctrl+Shift+A.
    Select third object and press Ctrl+Shift+A.
    etc.

All attributes of the object currently in the clipboard are applied to the selected object with this (Ctr+Shift+A) shortcut.

Hope this helps.
    John.

no there isn't a 'repeat the last command' function in xara

the suggestion that Steve and John have made will cover the specific example you raised, given that ctrl+shift+A will paste in the attributes that are on the clipboard - note if you have put them on the clipboard with ctrl+C that means all the applicable attributes present in the copied object, not just those put there by the last command
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks John & Steve for your quick responses.

Yes, you are right of course.

I guess what I was thinking was more along the lines of repeating an alignment or combine shapes or even duplicate page, without digging back through the menus.

Of course, I'm being a little bit lazy given the many keyboard shortcuts that do exist in Xtreme - and I do use many keyboard shortcuts already. Maybe I just need to learn a few more, but I just find the F4 so handy in so many instances in other applications.

====
    snicho

Some of us have been asking for this for years. CorelDRAW has always had a Ctrl R command which repeats the last step. So, for example, if you duplicate and object and move it 25 pixels and press Ctrl R it creates another duplicate and moves the selected object 25 pixels and repeats this for as many times as you press Ctrl R.

I have been told by Xara that this is just not an easy feature to create in Xtreme. But it is on the wish list so eventually...

Thanks Gary.

Yes, this is the kind of function I had in mind. This thinking was at least in part prompted by having to work on a laptop for the past month with only a touchpad - a repeat key would speed up things somewhat.

At least I know that I'm not missing something - in this instance anyway :-)

Thanks again.

====
    snicho