Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Drag Photo to Shape

I have been messing about with the liquid text tool and tried to duplicate real quick what the demo showed. I run into problems when I try to drag a photo to a shape like it is shown in the demo movie. I am sure I am simply missing something, but could someone please assist with this. It seems so simple in the demo movie, but I can't seem to get this to work quite as simple as it is shown.
    Thanks for the help,
    Dave

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Drag Photo to Shape

Select your shape, then select the fill tool, then from the drop down list select bitmap fill. Now you should be able to drag and drop any bitmap onto your shape
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	48842  
    Last edited by angelize; 09 May 2008 at 06:46 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Not sure which demo movie you are referring to to be honest.
    But the methods I have used to drag a photo to a shape (and have that photo become the shapes' 'fill') are many, but I think the easiest is to drag and drop a photo into Xtreme then delete it. Create your vector shape, open the bitmap gallery, select the shape and whilst holding SHIFT, drag the photo from the bitmap gallery and drop it onto the shape.

You can then use the fill adjustment handles to edit the fill further

What works for me is to hold down the shift key, drag the photo from Xnview, Bridge, Explorer or whatever and drop it on the vector shape line. I am using Xtreme Pro 4. It also works with Xtreme Pro 3.2 but not in Xtreme 2 or XaraX1 (I really need to clean my hd)

The movie i am referring to is the new features on the main web page. In the center there is a tab with liquid text flow. I had not used the shift key perhaps that was the part I was missing. I did draw a shape, right click and chose replace bitmap, and then I can drag any picture to my shape and it does change that way. I will give the shift key a try too.

Oh, and just to clarify, I was trying this with new 4.0 version.

Thanks for the assistance.