Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Pro 4 engl. and localized 3.4 german - parallel installation?

hello,
    some month ago, after installing my German Xara Pro 3.4 it was not longer possible to use the english version.

now I woudl like to install the englisch Pro 4 to see, what is new and decide, if I will wait for the German update or not.

so I would like to use the englisch and the older german version both. does anybody know, if this is possible or not?

thank you

Holger

Default Re: Xara Pro 4 engl. and localized 3.4 german - parallel installation?

I have not tried this myself, but the idea did pop into this feeble old mind...

Have you tried using a different directory for each install? It might work, if not just uninstall both and install the one you really want. the only problem I might envison is with the registry values. (a quick scan through the xara area in the registry to see if the entries are under different subdirectories, ie eng and ger)

Again... Don't take my word for it. I have never tried to run 2 different language versions at one time. (I have enough trouble with English)
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

thank you.

Please let us know if it works, or doesn't. Things that work we can pass on to others with questions. Things that don't... we don't.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
    Please let us know if it works, or doesn't. Things that work we can pass on to others with questions. Things that don't... we don't.
    yep, I will do. this week, I can tell the truth.

Okay, now I can tell: yes, the German Pro 3.5 and the English Trial Pro 4 can be installed together without problems.
    Great.

Cool... The only draw back will be only one version can be associated with the .xar and .web file types. When ever you open the other version you will get the pop-up that asks to associated it... No work stoppage associated, just another dialog to close before you can start working.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    Facebook