Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Jamukha, Got Milk?

Hi guys!

I am Rodny and I am newbie here. I would like to share a recently finished vector artwork I did using pirely adobe illustrator a few days ago.

The reason I put it here is that I am going to make an advance illustrator tutorial in my site. This piece is combination of lot's of techniques in illustrator that I wanted to share.

The idea:
    Have you ever wonder why aliens abduct cows?
    Jamukha is a space traveler, weightlessness causes fragile bones, so he needs a lot of calcium, and where do you get calcium?

http://www.rodnymella.com/images/got-milk-final-600.jpg

Cheers!
    Rodny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jam-closeup600.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	48155  

Default Re: Jamukha, Got Milk?

Welcome to TG Rodny

Brilliant work! - and done with Adobe Illustrator no less!
    I wonder how quickly you could do the same with XaraXtreme

Look forward to more from you - keep posting!

Excellent work! I also wonder how could you sketch it so perfectly using Illustrator, which is mainly for logos and simple illustrations!
    Mike, Salonika, Greece, 15
    http://michael92.deviantart.com/ <-- My DeviantART

I'm impressed - that is work I would have been proud of myself

Not at all a problem in illustrator - its not the 'industry standard' for nothing, even if it does seem awkward to many that are used to xara xtreme.

Great post Rodny - welcome from me too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Rodny, I love it! Great job! Udderly fantastic!
    Just for fun and for your love of drawing you SHOULD try the Xara Xtreme trial. You'll fall in love with it just like many of us here did.
    -=Bob=-

Pretty nice Rodny... You have much more patience than I. Trying to do anything in Illustrator is an exercise in frustration for me. Xpro 4.0 is the way to go.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Hi guys!

Yes, I'll probably try this software, now I am quite curious about it, I am just afraid the learning curve could be harder than illustrator, anyone can tell me how's the workflow with XaraXtreme? To tell you the truth I don't know anything about the program yet so maybe just a brief intro would be nice from actual user .
    Cheers!
    Rodny

Quote Originally Posted by gigsmella View Post
    I am just afraid the learning curve could be harder than illustrator
    The only thing that is harder with Xtreme than Illustrator, is leaving it alone.
    Xtreme is very addictive...
    Xtreme is likely the single most intuitive ergonomic illustration software ever developed. It has been, and remains the 'Industry Secret'

Quote Originally Posted by gigsmella View Post
    anyone can tell me how's the workflow with XaraXtreme? To tell you the truth I don't know anything about the program yet so maybe just a brief intro would be nice from actual user.
    You may have just asked something which will end up in a very lenghty thread indeed! 'Brevity' is not something Xarians are good at when talking about their favourite graphics software

Why not download the trial of XtremePro 4 - empty your mind and have a play..

there are demo movies on the xara.com site and the trial version enables you to download movies too - this is the place to start

there is also Gary's site www.xaraxone.com which is an excellent xara resource centre
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Go for it ..... the learning curve on Xara is almost non-existant. Just download and go ..... I'll bet you could reproduce the Illustrator work quicker in Xara now than you did with Illustrator, without any lessons. OK maybe I exaggerate, but next month easy.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.