Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Aligning - Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Yes, "Bounds of last selected object" is used in other software and gives the user an easy way to set alignment. "Bounds of back object" option seems rather bizarre.
    Paul
    I assume, nobody at Xara is aligning anything? Well, more likely, the old way has become so ingrained that nobody ever actually tried the "Bounds of back object" function. This approach is indeed bizarre and more importanly it is an unecessary big hassle. Is anybody voluntarilly using it?

(why re-invent the wheel when a perfectly usable solution is already implemented almost everywhere else?)

Default Re: Aligning - Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

Quote Originally Posted by lutz View Post
    ... the "Bounds of back object" function. This approach is indeed bizarre and more importanly it is an unecessary big hassle. Is anybody voluntarilly using it?)
    I am, and I'm very grateful to have it.

I've been asking — well, "begging" would be more accurate — for Align to Selected Object for years. Although it's not ideal, Bounds of Back Object is a big step in the right direction. Considering how long it's taken Xara & Co to get this far on the feature, my guess is that Align to Selected Object is something that's not easily implemented in Xtreme's coding.

Although it's not the way many of us are accustomed to working in other apps, Bounds of Back Object is sufficient for my needs more often than not, and it has significantly decreased the number of steps I have to take to get things lined up properly.

Default Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

Allsion >>

Default Re: Xtreme 4 - another update

The bounds option. I use it and find it very helpful.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer