Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara 4 Bug: Download Cliparts, Fills, Fonts, etc. failed

Bug Report

If the account of the user in Windows contains characters differing from a Latin (for example Cyrillic), downloading of Cliparts, Fills, Fonts, Demo-movies does not work in Xara.

" An error occurred (file does not exist) when opening the file: clpindex.tmp "
    " An error occurred (file does not exist) when opening the file: webindex.tmp "
    " An error occurred (file does not exist) when opening the file: flsindex.tmp "
    " An error occurred (file does not exist) when opening the file: fntindex.tmp "
    " The updated file ' movies.chm ' may be incorrectly indexed at xara.com. PIease inform Xara TechnicaI Support. You can either Continue to update more files or Stop and wait until the fault is corrected. "

The possible cause:
    Incorrect decoding of a variable TEMP (or TMP) which contains <user_account>

---------------------------------
    Xara Xtreme Pro Trial 4.0.4916 DL
    Windows XP Pro SP2 (Rus)

Default Re: Xara 4 Bug: Download Cliparts, Fills, Fonts, etc. failed

I don't think the british version is ported to Russian yet. All I have seen is the British - English version. They don't even have an American - Engwish version out yet. That might be the cause of the problem.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook