Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
PG - I think you need the ini file fix to get the spacebar toggle back to how it used to be - ie press space bar and keep pressed you are in selector tool, release spacebar and you are back in the tool you were in before

As far as I know that precise behaviour cannot be done with the customise key short cuts - it requires two keystrokes to toggle

sometimes that is more useful - but mostly I prefer the first
I haven't touched my ini file. All I did was use the Customize Key Shortcuts menu option to chage the Space Bar to toggle between the selector tool and another tool. Works fine for me (I am using XtremePro 4.0).

I can press and release the Space Bar to switch between the selector tool and the last tool used. Also, when I am using a tool, I can hold down the Space Bar to switch to the selector tool to select another object or to move the current object. When I release the Space Bar, I am back using my last tool.

In XXP3 there was a standalone shortcut program to redefine the Space Bar (and other keys) to work like it did in previous versions. Version 4 just incorporated that feature inside the main program.