Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: XXP4 couple of personal disappointments

In essence, you want the line segment de-selected after it is drawn, which is what the ESC key does, is that correct?

yes
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I suspect your requirements are very unusual. Most people surely want the object they just drew to be selected, no least because it means they can adjust its smoothness, and second that you can carry on drawing or extending the line, by just drawing from the end handle. Thirdly many people I know go into the Shape Editor to manipulate the control points. All of these things would be more difficult if we did not select the line you just drew.

I can understand why you say this, but your work-flow is very unusual, and so I can't see us changing this to the detriment of most users, for the benefit of one very specific type of workflow.

And the fact it's been this way from day one, and as far as I know no one has ever asked for this before, it would come way, way down the priority list of improvements. Sorry.

The reason I marked the thread personal Charles.

Your response is not unexpected and I respect it.

I am not a typical xtreme user, quite so - I came to xara for its brilliant ability to use transparency and the ease in which many scanned drawings can be unified into one in a 100% intutive UI - it even calls itself a pasteboard.

I may draw lines with a pen and pencil but I draw the line at coloring by hand

Thank you for the personal response I appreciate it

Nothing lasts forever...

I don't entirely agree Charles, it seems that a lot of the users sketch with tablets. Surely when using a tablet they want to be able to draw freeform strokes without them all connecting together, as they would with a pencil and paper. They would probably tweak them individually later. Obviously I'm not sure of the complexity of the task, but I think more artists than you think may appreciate this feature.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Yes, when sketching, I can see it more practical for the line to be automatically deselected so it works more like pixel editing software. Currently, the habbit of pressing Esc when done drawing a line is needed. Bob Hahn does this in his video tutorials. Maybe there will be a 'sketch' mode in future versions?

thanks guys ..
    Nothing lasts forever...

I agree this would be better for sketching, but it isn't a big deal. If I ever sketch in Xtreme, which isn't often, I tend to keep the pen nib depressed until I'm finished with a line, so all I see is the blue path and when I lift the pen and dozens of nodes appear, totally obscuring what I've drawn, I tap the pen on the tablet to deselect the line. It ain't intuitive, but if you have to sketch in Xtreme it will work O.K.

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Exclamation Re: XXP4 couple of personal disappointments

I sketch with my tablet too. So holding the esc key in part of the process, not natural by any means.

Something is not connecting here... Is it us, or Xara?
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

This sounds like a good topic for a poll. Write a good one tho... No leading questions/answers.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook