Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xtreme 4 updated

Are you sure? The file I just downloaded (from the right-hand side of the download page) was called xaraxtremepro4dl.exe - exactly what last week's was called.

Iīll check again, but when I hit download from the right side, as in the Pro side, I didnīt see pro listed in the file name. Thatīs why I asked. But thanks for the answer, Iīll give it another go.

Just checked--same thing.

Whatīs funny is that the download does not start on its own. Thatīs never happened before. When I click on the link for downloads that donīt automatically begin, itīs xtreme, not xtremepro.

I guess Iīll figure it out, but Iīve never experienced this before.

I've just tried it again, and it is working from here. Interestingly enough, you can enter an obviously bogus email address, have the form rejected with an error, but the download still starts... I'm sure that's a bug!

Actually, with a bit more playing, the validation on that form is very strange - it seems to happen whenever the email edit control loses focus.

But none of that explains why you're getting the wrong file, sorry.

Drop down lists are still being truncated. I am using WinXP. When you place the info bar along the bottom of the screen drop down boxes for Bevel and Extrude tools are still truncated to two selections. You have to click on the arrows to get to another value and it is very annoying. It did not work this way in the previous version. PLEASE fix this. Thanks.
    adios
    sunland

Is anyone else having trouble logging into their account to get the update? I used the same email that I ordered with and even had Xara email my password to me-just to be sure).

But I still can't log in as the system tells me that the password is invalid.

I'm confused! Help!

Improv,

I can get into my account, but there is nothing there that indicates the xxp4 download is the newer version. Iīm waiting. Donīt want to download the old version again.

It looks like we are supposed to laod that file and then relaod over the existing install ? Well I am going to try it as soon as the download is finished.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
    Improv,

I can get into my account, but there is nothing there that indicates the xxp4 download is the newer version. Iīm waiting. Donīt want to download the old version again.
    I wonder if these problems are as a result of the new site? Maybe they are still working on it? Having said that though, it really does not make much sense to announce an update when there problems accessing accounts!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
    Improv,

There will only be the latest version available to download.
    Derek