Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can anyone suggest (or is anyone using) a CD authoring software? I'm not a "code slinger" and don't use flash. I just need something I can create an autorun CD with that contains menu driven content.

Any suggestions?

-Ed.
    IP

Hi Ed,

I have all the code and examples at work. Sorry do not have them here at the moment. Drop me an email and I will send you examples and a tut.
    IP

Thanks John ... will do.
    IP

Hi Again Ed,

If you are in a real ruch... Do a search for autostart.inf in microsluts stuff. There is a whitepaper in there that explains everything you ever wanted to know about that.

I use it to create autostart CDs for real estate properties...
    IP

Hi Ed,

Check out CDMenuPro. It's available in personal as well as commercial versions and does everything you need. I have created quick and dirty CD menu front ends using their templates and custom jobs using XaraX graphics for the background, menu bars and buttons, etc.
    IP

Hi,
    I dabble in everything and DVD is my latest endeavor. I ran accross a program from Mediachance called DVDLab Pro which is VERY powerful program, but you have to import the video which it Demux's into its own format then compiles the DVD and burns.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card
    IP

i am just starting to play with encore, which is Adobe's DVD menu authoring program. Looks really powerful... but it is not cheap.
    IP

Hi John,
    Not to knoock Adobe but apparently if you login to the MMBForms and check out DVDLab-Pro I beleive some of the people there acknowledge DVDLab-Pro as a very good competion to Adobe and Cheaper! Take a look befor you buy that is all I ask.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card
    IP

Thanks for the input Al and Mac ... I'll check those out.

-Ed.
    IP

Hi Jim,

My copy came bundled with a Video capture encoder I purchased. the price was really reasonable for what I recieved. Encore is a full menu creation program, not just a preformatted cut and paste program. I can create the full menu, backgrounds, buttons everything. It is a professional DVD menu authoring program.

I picked it up for less than the cost of xara X1. Which is an excellent price...
    IP