Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: web page x4

Default Re: web page x4

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    «My advice is upgrade your equipment. People are throwing away equipment - computers and displays -»

My problem is I am a bit on the green side and pretty well always have been. It is not only about the cost, computers are very cheap now a days; it is the principle that if it still works fine why should I fill up the garbage dump with a major polluting item. I will eventually have to do this when it dies but I would prefer to leave this as long as I can. The more I pollute now the worst it will be for my daughter in a few more years.
    Frank, think of it like this.

If you keep your ten year old kit it doesn't really help your daughter - because other people are scrapping five year old kit that you aren't taking off their hands. Better monitors and better computers are going into skips while you keep that dinosaur! ;-)

Your green credentials are busted, I'm afraid.

There are some recycling charities that take machines for export to Africa, but shipping to them is at your expense I think, and I don't think they take monitors.

Frank, I applaud your intentions.

Paul

And nowadays when the comp ware is to be disposed off,they recycle 90%
    Which make new comps cheaper
    and the rest gets burned which provides electricity where your comp runs on

Hans

Followin on from haakoo said, this link to the 960 Grid System has some useful stuff about laying out pages.

http://960.gs/
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Have to say that having just read up on the Web export and played with it a little, it's like a dream come true to me.

My real job is in control systems and automation, so quite often I need to produce web pages which can be supplied to customers for use on their intranet or just supplied as html on a flash drive or CD.

The ability to produce an "interactive manual" quickly and easily is just amazing. You can't believe how much time I've spent with other HTML packages just trying to work out how to get a centred page with a different colour filling the unused space. And the time and confusion saved by not having to produce graphics in Xara, then export, then import into an HTML package, then publish etc is brilliant.

Top Marks on this inclusion.

Post Re: web page x4

Quote Originally Posted by Tao jones View Post
    Hi Miro, I think your webpage got lost in the talk of html...it looks fantastic, if I can get a webpage out like that from X4 I will be very happy...t
    I agree ! Did you do this with x4, Miro ? Very neat ! I can't wait for the cd release !!!
    (I didn't download the trial version, I just read all the reviews and comments of you guys on TG and wait till the cd falls in my mailbox. I don't need the trial to convince me )
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Yep, all things there incl. web site, images, projects, rolovers and links are done in Xara

Xtreme PRO 4 is used to export all to complete web page....
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

Smile Re: web page x4

Minimiro FC 1 Code-slingers United 0

Joking apart, that is some website.... Respect!
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Quote Originally Posted by MarciaB View Post
    ..... I don't need the trial to convince me )
    No, but you can play with the trial while you're waiting for your CD's. You'll be hooked in no time!

Excellent website Minimiro
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by minimiro View Post
    Yep, all things there incl. web site, images, projects, rolovers and links are done in Xara

Xtreme PRO 4 is used to export all to complete web page....
    Nicely done! And nice preview of the XPro4 box. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    In order to provide the WYSIWYG and the freedom of put-anything-anywhere-on-the-page requires compromises in the 'cleanliness' of the HTML code.
    Charles,

Would it be possible to add an option to output the HTML as formatted/indented code for the code tweakers among us? (Or maybe it is an option, haven't really played with it yet.)