Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New to XARA - How to make my files universally accepted

For instance, I have a lot of designs and emailed them to friends to convert into t-shirt desigh. No one is able to open up the design. I am self teaching myself but having difficulties. Can someone give me some steps to convert my files?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: New to XARA - How to make my files universally accepted

Hello Mellow,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Any raster (bitmap) file type can be shared. Raster images are jpg, gif, png, tiff, bmp, psd, etc. You export to those file formats from Xara Xtreme. File Menu > Export. The File Menu > Save option saves to the native format of Xara Xtreme.

If your friends need vector images you will need to export to .eps, .ai, wmf, or pdf.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Welcome to the Xtreme Conference Mellow

Xara's native file format *.xar is not widely supported. But as Soquili points out, there are many Export file formats that are widely supported. Just use the appropriate file format.

Gary

You could always send your friends a link to download the 30 day trial of XaraXtremePro.

That will guarantee they will open the file exactly as created.

If the designs need to be resized, or you wish designs to look sharp and correct, best option would be pdf export.

Some transparency effects cannot be exported in pdf, if you experience problems just convert those objects into 250-300 dpi bitmaps with alpha before exporting.

If you use special typefaces (fonts), remember to export them as paths (others might not have the same fonts).