Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Tablet Intuos3 with Xara

At the moment my pens knackered but normally I use my A5 tablet all the time whilst the mouse gathers dust.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I am thinking about getting a Wacom digitizer, because I think the mouse is a pain to draw with.

Any recommendations?

And Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by hgr; 23 December 2007 at 04:30 PM.

I'd go for Intuos. It has twice the pressure sensitivity of Graphires, and even that is not really the same as the continuous sensitivity of physical devices.

Perfect pressure sensitivity is maybe not that critical in Xara, but you'll probably want to try digital painting with some natural media emulator.

I recommend buying second hand, the tablet doesn't really wear and in extreme case the pen tip can be replaced. Buying used is also ecologically sound choice.

and Merry Christmas!

.jon

I have and use and Intuos 3. I love it!

It's a better product than the Graphire. The pressure levels and sensitivity are great.

I however are one of those that use both my tablet and mouse, depending on the type of work.

I think you'll find the Intuos a good buy!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

FWIW, I just got an Intuos 3 6X8. It's great for sketching and I use it mostly for rough concept drawings in artrage. I can see no other way to really get a true "sketchy" sketch without using a tablet. However, I would say that while the tablet makes it possible, it does not make it easy. At least not yet! I'm still struggling to get some good techniques down with it.

Stan
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 12 May 2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Attachment Removed ~ Posters request ~ Egg

Looks good Stan. Practice should make it easier.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I started out drawing in Xara with a mouse for about two or three years. After I was convinced that I was going to stick with it I got an Intuos2 tablet. At first, it was a little awkward and I wondered if I had goofed by investing in a tablet. But now, years later, it's just the opposite. For drawing, the tablet is terrific! I use the stroke shapes and not the pressure sensitivity so I could have gotten a less expensive model like the Graphire. Now they have another model called Bamboo.

But all I can say is that after years of use, I much prefer using a tablet to using a mouse for drawings.

Thanks for all the advice. The intuos souds like the prefered model.

However I feel a little confused, because I have read over and over again that it is not recommendable to have a big drawing pad, but the bigger Intuos gets recommended all the time.

Also the very small Bamboo gets recommended all the time.

I am pretty new in drawing but xara makes it so much easier than anything else I have tried.

But drawing with a mouse feels wrong. So I am definably going for a wacom.

The price difference between the small bamboo, and the bigger intuos is big. So I want to make sure that I don't waste money.

But I guess that buying the intuos is a good choice.

I recently got the Wacom Intuos3 6x11. Although I´m still learning how to use it correctly, it seems much better than a mouse for me. Everyone works in their own way--was just adding my bit here FWIW. Cheers!

I use a 6x8 tablet and it is fine for my needs. Kind of like Goldilocks, a bigger tablet is too big and a smaller one would be too small, so 6x8 is just right--at least for me.