Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Moments

Default Senior Moments

Ever stood at an open fridge door and wondered what on earth it could be that you wanted in there?
    Or sprinkled instant coffee on your cornflakes?
    Or...I forget what else just now, but it'll come back to me...
    As a large percentage of the forum members are of a certain age, I thought you might be interested in this article that appeared in a recent edition of The Daily Telegraph newspaper in the UK. It contains a link to software that is designed to stave off senility.
    All you have to do is remember that you have read it.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Senior Moments

Thanks Bob.

Now.... what was it I just read and what was I going to do????

Where are my eye glasses?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Aside from wondering what the burning smell is while sitting at the computer (and then realising I'd started to cook dinner ˝hr ago), or passing through the kitchen and finding it odd that there's a stone cold cup of tea on the bench with the tea bag still in it - the only thing that causes me a little concern is the nuisance of putting a teaspoon of sugar in the coffee machine (instead of ground coffee) or pouring unboild water into a cup with sugar and teabag. Oh and putting the milk back into the 'cupboard'. Aside from this I'm fairly confident that I have all of my er.... potted plants....

Has anyone ever heard the Monty Pythons answering machine message about Alzheimers? I actually used this on my machine for a while, it's a hoot.

I had to change this when my line became my business line

Hmmm... the link saves but nothing is said...

MAybe you need to get another teabag...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

great er um list, er limb, sorry link, er wot's yer name again ? oh aye Sledger.

It work fine for me thingummyjig try again.

Fine topic Bob. It doesn't always only attack the elderly when we were first married about 57 years ago, actually September 30 ( I nearly always forget)
    my wife came storming into the living room and said alright! what have you done with the cake I had in the oven , I protested my innocence. It turned out she'd stuck the mixture into the fridge,we still laugh about it even now, so much so if anything goes missing the family shout "LOOK IN THE FRIDGE"
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

Norm, I was born 56 years ago. Hmmmmm. You could be my daddy seeing as how you've been married 57 years.
    That Monty Python link works great for me. Thanks for that. Quite good.

I seem to frequently forget people's names. These are people I see everyday! I suppose I should really start to worry when I start to forget their faces!!!
    -=Bob=-

After you remember, not to forget what to remember....
    you can not forget to remember, what you remembered not to forget....

Senility hits some earlier than others.... I am only 38 (39 in May) and I have poured milk on my speghetti (meaning it to be grated cheeze)
    People in my family think it's great to be able to "really" surprise me on my B-day because I really forget??
    I often forget I have said something, right after I say it.........
    I often forget I have said something, right after I......... "hey, wait a minute.... de-javue"
    Looking around frantically for hours for my car keys, blaming everyone for moving them, muttering to myself.... only to find them in my pocket??!! "Now who put them there??!!"
    And.... I have absolutely no idea who's underwear I'm wearing??!!
    Last edited by geminiguy; 26 September 2007 at 03:34 PM.

That is not senility at your age... it's cheap drugs...

Didn't your mom ever tell you not to snort comet?
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Funny you should mention that....... I did, in fact... get into some Comet when I was just a wee lil' flickie.... and was rushed to the emergency room......
    Also the time I ate an entire bottle of Flinstone vitamins.... and the time I was running from my sister, went to duck under the dining room table.. and almost jammed my nose cartilage up into my brain........
    But, these are just the tip of the ice-berg.... I was definitely chaos on two legs

But none of this resolves my underwear dilemma......

Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
    Hmmm... the link saves but nothing is said...
    Rename the extension to 'mpg'