Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Remove glare/reflections from eyeglasses

Azjoe, can you attach a photo to show us how bad a glare you are dealing with?

I've done lots of shots of store windows with glare on the glass. Often I've been able to restore a lot of the detail by using Levels, or cloning from places where the glare didn't hit. However, there has to be sufficient information in the glared on area to coax out. If all you have is white bursts---the reflection of the flash---on the glasses, then there isn't anything left to retrieve.

Here's an example of a store window. Across the street were some buildings that reduced the amount of glare falling on much of the contents of the window that I wanted to capture. Through adjusting levels, saturation and balance, I coaxed the colors out from under the glare in the lower 3/4 of the image. In this instance, the remaining traces of reflection contributed a feeling of the subject's trying to emerge from behind the glare.

If you shared a sample of the eyeglasses glare you have, we'd be in a better position to let you know what could be done. There might even be a possibility of using Red Eye Removal along with something else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	1315 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	41559  
    Please visit my photo galleries: www.pbase.com/soenda
    IP