Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Crash

Default Crash

I am not entirely sure this is the right forum to post my unfortunate experience but, I wanted to hear if other Xara Xtreme Pro users experienced same type of crash. I am using Xara.Xtreme.Pro.v4.0.4916

Last night, on save Xara crashed and overwritten my file with 0 kb file. Basically on save it crashed "... extremely serious error occurred...." and I lost my file and lost all days' work.

I'd have thought, Xara would save the file on .bak then if everything OK overwrites the original file. Perhaps I'm missing some hidden settings?...

Default Re: Crash

TG Member accessD (Dmitry Malutan) has a small utility called xxtune which(amongst other things) will enable the Xtreme registry setting to create backup files *when saving*

You can download it here

BTW: Welcome to TG Renata

Thanks a lot sledger. It's a life saver.

Thanks,

I will try it immediately.

Two days ago after 3 hours of working and after several save, I was playing with 3D functions on Pictures, I selected another window and suddenly XARA screen disappeared. No error message. I restarted XARA, and even if I had saved several time, I found my work as a 0 KB XAR file !!!

Lost everything! Not sure what happened, and if I clicked on SAVE, but that was the result!!

Cheers.

antimix