Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm not sure how to explain my problem.

When I open/save/save as in Corel Draw 11 I always have to change my 'view' options to details and would like to know how to make that my 'default'. Also in Win98SE when I would change display order from name to date/descending.

I've noticed in Win XP Pro that when I choose details/descending date that all the folders are at the bottom unlike Win 98SE where the folders stay listed at top of list.

I believe this might be a windows problem as it seems to apply to most applications I open excluding the actual Windows Explorer and WordPerfect (WP has an option "details" that can be selected. Windows Explorer stays as the last state.

Hopefully someone reading this can point me in the proper direction.

Thank you so much.
    IP

I'm not sure how to explain my problem.

When I open/save/save as in Corel Draw 11 I always have to change my 'view' options to details and would like to know how to make that my 'default'. Also in Win98SE when I would change display order from name to date/descending.

I've noticed in Win XP Pro that when I choose details/descending date that all the folders are at the bottom unlike Win 98SE where the folders stay listed at top of list.

I believe this might be a windows problem as it seems to apply to most applications I open excluding the actual Windows Explorer and WordPerfect (WP has an option "details" that can be selected. Windows Explorer stays as the last state.

Hopefully someone reading this can point me in the proper direction.

Thank you so much.
    IP

Sorry Phoenix ... I couldn't find it either. Works the same way in CorelDRAW 12 too. Might try leaving a message on Corel's site.

-Ed.
    IP

Ed,
    I left a msg as you suggested. Hope I hear from them.

Marie (inphoenix)
    IP

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif Duh!!! I should have know Corel would NOT respond. Oh well, I got some clue from a participant in the Word Perfect universe forum relating to setting defaults in the 'view' portion of Win XP explorer. It's somewhat usable. Better than what I'm dealing with now.

PS: I had my notifications ON but never recv'd email to a reply.
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I should have know Corel would NOT respond. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    They never do...their support is very poor. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif
    IP

Well, thank goodnes for WP Universe.
    Martin came up with an answer via MS

I have not reset yet but sounds like it works for at least Win 98. I'm using both so I hope it works for both 98 and XP. We have 2000 Pro on another puter so might try it there too.

Here's what WP Universe's Martin suggested:

See this Microsoft Knowledgebase article: 'Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly (Q229070)', where these instructions are written for Windows 98 users, but may help Windows 2000 and XP users too:

RESOLUTION
    To resolve this behavior, reset the default sort order:

1. Right-click Start, click Explore, and then click drive C.
    2. On the View menu, click Details.
    3. Click the Name column to sort items by name, press and hold down the CTRL key, and then quit Windows Explorer by clicking Close in the upper-right corner of the screen.
    4. Release the CTRL key.
    5. Restart your computer.

NOTE: You must perform these steps exactly as they are listed. For example, do not quit Windows Explorer by clicking Exit on the File menu.
    IP

This is so cool!!! Works great for apps except CorelDraw... File/Open still has to be set to details. Does anyone know how to change this default?

When I choose details then the list is sorted to my preference that I set in the Windows Explorer change as stated above. Works in both Win 98SE and XP Pro. Have not tried on 2000 Pro puter yet.

Thank you so much Martin from WP Universe.

Hope this helps someone else.
    IP