Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: colour creation difference

Hi Alistair,
    I don't want to sound rude or impolite but I don't see how you get the colour change with your other programme? I drew rectangle in XPro, expoted it as PDF with default settings for PDF X/.. then opened it up in Illy drew another rectangle in Illy with same values can you see any difference. I will gladly post the Xara file if you want but can't see any difference between the two and I really cant see how you achieved the difference unless you sampling from the screen colours and that is silly cos as you know monitors change the output from the screen for one model to another unless you spend a fortune on both hardware and software to calibrate our monitor. As you know both Xara and Illy have the ability to give you a rough idea on how the drawing will print but unless you calibrate your monitor regular you can't compare with a eyedropper colour sampler. Read the help file on colour handling in Xara and this will give you a better understanding on how all Xara products deal with colour and please read the part on CMYK as xara deals with this colour mode differently than Illy. Also please dowload CMYK template from the Xone if your are using this CMYK output as your main colour mode. This is the third post in a couple of days with members not reading and understanding how this programme deals with CMYK.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.