Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

First of all I apologise for bringing such topic here for zillionth time. I try to explain what I want and how it could be designed in the current XaraX toolbars.

1. Possibility for stroke (outline) positioning (like photoshop has outside, middle, inside). Xara could solve it with -50 + 50 pixel SLIDER similar to Feathering slider and positioned next to it..

2. "pixel exact" (like windows redering with cleartype off) font rendering of pixel fonts (antialising off on fonts) - implemented on text toolabar as some sort of list box or slider.

Listbox
    1. antialiased font
    2, strong antialias
    3. no antialias (this would override even whole screen antialias option)

Slider: Or make it as slider which could tweak the quality of antialiased text from zero from xara standard to "overantialised"

btw. I've noticed in the splash screen of Xara X1 that it uses 2 layers of the same text over itself (one is more transparent) to make the antialiased text stronger and crisper.

My apologies to programmers of Xara ;-)

roman

First of all I apologise for bringing such topic here for zillionth time. I try to explain what I want and how it could be designed in the current XaraX toolbars.

1. Possibility for stroke (outline) positioning (like photoshop has outside, middle, inside). Xara could solve it with -50 + 50 pixel SLIDER similar to Feathering slider and positioned next to it..

2. "pixel exact" (like windows redering with cleartype off) font rendering of pixel fonts (antialising off on fonts) - implemented on text toolabar as some sort of list box or slider.

Listbox
    1. antialiased font
    2, strong antialias
    3. no antialias (this would override even whole screen antialias option)

Slider: Or make it as slider which could tweak the quality of antialiased text from zero from xara standard to "overantialised"

btw. I've noticed in the splash screen of Xara X1 that it uses 2 layers of the same text over itself (one is more transparent) to make the antialiased text stronger and crisper.

My apologies to programmers of Xara ;-)

roman

Yes I agree, I too have many a time wanted to use pixel fonts in Xara but was unable to. If you can add this feature sometime in the future it would be a great feature for us web designerss. Just go an take a look on the web and see just how many pages use pixel fonts and you will realize how important this is.

s.g.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dmagician:
    1. Possibility for stroke (outline) positioning (like photoshop has outside, middle, inside). Xara could solve it with -50 + 50 pixel SLIDER similar to Feathering slider and positioned next to it.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, great minds think alike. I don't post often at these forums, but today, I came here to make the exact same suggestion!

I don't get the slider though. Sounds odd to have it as an offset. How do you know which is the exact middle/right/left? A toggling button would be easier, with changing graphics for middle and so on.

My guess is that the Xara X fans here will answer that "this feature is already avalilible in the outline options", but our proposition is more dynamic.
    Art should tell a story. Don't paint a moment, paint a lifetime.

When it's in exact middle it will be 0 of course ;-) And yes you are right outside outline can be simulated by outline tool, just it generates vector copy of the object, while we need to edit position of the single object outline itself. (whether it is square, circle alebo font.)

Yes, the slider's center placing the outline in the middle I can get, but how do you place it at the exact right/left using a slider?

And you can place the outline inside using the contour tool as well (mind was wandering when I called it the "outline tool").

Still, say a drop down list of the line placement in the line gallery would be very nice.
    Art should tell a story. Don't paint a moment, paint a lifetime.

I was thinking in pixel exact positions of outline (exactly like feathering is pixel exact positioned) but you are righ.. this way if outline was in points and position in pixels it could bring interesting situations.. although imagine the flexibility of such tool then. It could be possible to place pixel exact outline on pixel exact distance from the zero-point and also to adjust outline.