Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: PNG transparency problem

Aunt Betsy said:

My previous version of Draw before I got X3 was 9. There was no support for PNG files at all. I don't know in what version that changed. The PNG support is one of my favorite things about using X3.

Aunt Betsy, I'm pretty sure CD9 had .png support, but it was not available by default, you needed to go into options to enable, or disable, the available file formats you wanted available when saving/exporting. I still do this for my version 12 of CD.

Sark
    IP

Thanks Sark,

Your right, I checked my CD9 and found the png filter, I didn't know that it was there. What CD 9 doesn’t do is allow you to copy and paste out of Photo Paint and into CorelDraw with a transparent background.
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

It's a quirk of Draw. A lot of what I would expect to be defaults are hidden functions.

I work with Photoshop so need to export anyway, but like you I upgraded from CD9 (to CD12) to use the Clipboard. In my case it was to get Vectors into Photoshop. The Oberon Script that does this only works in post 9 versions. I liked CD9, but like yourself have found upgrading definitely worthwhile.

Sark
    IP