Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Something for USA Independence Day

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    This would also make a great frame too, forgot to add. Let you know more when I download it. Your patriotic posts, I'm thinking of printing out pictures of my family in the military and hanging them on an "always" tree. You take a Christmas tree down, but you are proud of your family on a daily basis.

Among the "frame-ables", a hand-written letter from the Captain of the U.S.S. Nimitz (aircraft carrier) congratulating us on our two sons exemplary service to the ship. Arrived on the fourth of July.

You give me that Red-White-and-Blue feeling right here in my heart.

Sally
    Oh Sally! You must be so proud of them. My youngest niece just entered the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, she would like to fly jets, and we are very proud of her. I'm a Navy Aunt.
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

I wonder, if it's possible to start a dialogue between proud American Mothers and proud Mothers in Irak, Afghanistan or Iran over the Internet?
    IP

The is a CorelDRAW forum, since when are you a CorelDRAW user, Remi?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Hi Sally,

The is a CorelDRAW forum, since when are you a CorelDRAW user, Remi?
    I'm not sure, since 1992/93 or so. I started with the good old ATARI ST and the DTP software "Calamus". But Corel Draw was my first DTP solution on a Windows PC. In the year 1995 I found CorelXARA, the former version of Xara Xtreme and since then I prefer to use Xara Xtreme most of the time.

Regards,
    Remi
    Last edited by remi; 05 July 2007 at 09:09 PM.
    IP

There are more people for the moment who are earning a living with that which is real enough today for the present market, though Xara has potential, real life means spot color, vinyl cutting, sublimation, proper output to .pdf and a way to pull it all together. Yes, there are wonderful things which Xara does, DRAW also, the world is not all just one thing.

In the meanwhile to help people who need help is what this section of the forum is about. Not a simpering "Gee, I was so smart that years ago I gave up on DRAW...." excuse me, you don't know what you are talking about. Some 40% of industry which is going to use software to do what DRAW can do is using DRAW in one regard or another. Perhaps you gave up on DRAW as it too too much to figure it out. AutoCAD is difficult, but it was fun to master. Why have five programs to do what one can do? I have a family to spend money on too and I know you do too. And no I didn't buy AutoCAD, but DRAW has plenty of features which encorporates that to keep me happy. Before learning CorelDRAW I became equally skilled at Illustrator, so if now I recommend DRAW, I have enough experience to say so.

Remi, if some don't share your self hatred of western culture, hatred was put down in WWII wasn't it, or should we all appologize for breathing? If facsims rises in another disguise?

Everything Americans has done isn't bad, you just choose to ignore them. When the great Tsunami struck south east Asia, predominantly Muslim, they were human beings, the U.S., despite being already on the other side of 911, we sent Marines in to clean up, to help pick up yes, the dead bodies, build shelters, schools, roads. Germany never would have known as I don't think they sent anyone to help whatsoever, Britian did, Australia did, so did Japan. Who helped American when New Orleans flooded? Americans help everyone, again we helped even other Americans.

Perhaps Americans are proud of their country because they have a reason to be.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

There are more people for the moment who are earning a living with that which is real enough today for the present market, though Xara has potential, real life means spot color, vinyl cutting, sublimation, proper output to .pdf and a way to pull it all together. Yes, there are wonderful things which Xara does, DRAW also, the world is not all just one thing.

In the meanwhile to help people who need help is what this section of the forum is about. Not a simpering "Gee, I was so smart that years ago I gave up on DRAW...." excuse me, you don't know what you are talking about. Some 40% of industry which is going to use software to do what DRAW can do is using DRAW in one regard or another. Perhaps you gave up on DRAW as it too too much to figure it out. AutoCAD is difficult, but it was fun to master. Why have five programs to do what one can do? I have a family to spend money on too and I know you do too. And no I didn't buy AutoCAD, but DRAW has plenty of features which encorporates that to keep me happy. Before learning CorelDRAW I became equally skilled at Illustrator, so if now I recommend DRAW, I have enough experience to say so.

Remi, if some don't share your self hatred of western culture, hatred was put down in WWII wasn't it, or should we all appologize for breathing? If facsims rises in another disguise?

Everything Americans has done isn't bad, you just choose to ignore them. When the great Tsunami struck south east Asia, predominantly Muslim, they were human beings, the U.S., despite being already on the other side of 911, we sent Marines in to clean up, to help pick up yes, the dead bodies, build shelters, schools, roads. Germany never would have known as I don't think they sent anyone to help whatsoever, Britian did, Australia did, so did Japan. Who helped American when New Orleans flooded? Americans help everyone, again we helped even other Americans.

Perhaps Americans are proud of their country because they have a reason to be.
    Hi Sally,

all this proud stuff is the wrong way of thinking. Look at this thread. I've asked a short question. A question which should make you thoughtful.

Instead, your reaction is a post with things you said about me, which are so wrong and have nothing to do with me. This is more the typical reaction of George Bush and his friends in the Oil Industry: If you're not with me, you're against me. That's not the right way.

With all your proud about CorelDRAW and your country you has said and thought wrong things about me. And believe me, in the end it really doesn't matter about which TalkGraphics member or which country you are talking about.

My question was "I wonder, if it's possible to start a dialogue between proud American Mothers and proud Mothers in Irak, Afghanistan or Iran over the Internet?".
    The answer could be that it is not possible, as long as pride is stronger than the insight. Another answer could be: "Yes, it must be possible and perhaps the mothers talk to their sons about the other mothers and their sons in this other country and in the end they know each other more and understand and respect each other." Sounds foolish? I'm sure, 30-50 years later such conversations will take place. It's the same like in all the other preceding conflicts. I'm further in faint hope, that somebody is able to stop all this hate and lack of understanding between different cultures.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 06 July 2007 at 02:31 AM.
    IP

Remi,

When I started this tread I titled it “Something for USA Independence Day”. I am aware that there are people on this forum from many different countries so I made sure that I identified what the graphic was related to with sensitivity to the global nature of the members. If someone from another country cares to share graphics related to their national holidays, I would hope I would have enough good manners not to take political pot shots at them and make them feel unwelcome to share their graphics. Your question was completely out of line.
    Last edited by Aunt Betsy; 06 July 2007 at 03:18 AM.
    Aunt Betsy
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    I wonder, if it's possible to start a dialogue between proud American Mothers and proud Mothers in Irak, Afghanistan or Iran over the Internet?
    Remi ...

Really... I detect some snideness.
    IP