Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xtreme 3.2 pdf export - blank page? bug?

I currently have X1 but downloaded Xtreme 3.2 and was most intrigued by the multi-page capability which is really only meant to be in Xtreme 3.2 pro.

I am interested in it being a souped up powerpoint replacement so I created a PPT and exported it to a PDF. This actually loads in extreme as a multi-page document which can be edited. So after editing one of the pages with some nice lovely graphics I re-exported it from Xtreme 3.2 as a pdf, only to find that my lovely page had disappeared. All other 6 pages exported perfectly so this must be a bug.

I tried different settings etc. but to no avail. Anyone had any similar problems, or more to the point is anyone from the dev team aware of it?

Thanks,

Nalin

Default Re: Xtreme 3.2 pdf export - blank page? bug?

Welcome Nalin,

Is there any chance you could attach your original PDF you created from PowerPoint and also your amended xar file that has the missing page on export to PDF?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I don't get it...3.2 standard doesn't support multi-page, so why should it support multipage PDF editing/export? Maybe Xara team should limit the Standard version to import only one page from PDF to stop the confusion.

Hi,
    Wall,did you even try the functions available?

PDF page double spread and multipage export works
    and imports just fine.

Hans

Hans, I really don't know. I was confused by the OP. He said he wanted to try something that's supposed to be only in the pro version with the standard version. I thought only the Pro version can handle multipage and PDF multipage export, no?

If the standard version of Xara does claim to support multipage, then it's a bug for sure and should be fixed.

Hi,
    Sorry,thought this was about Pro 3.2,not extreme 3.2
    So must admit I don't know if it's functional in Xtreme 3.2 either

Hans

Ok - have posted these as follows, which also shows the workflow:

Poker Blocks enhancements.ppt - original ppt presentation [ could not upload this because the attachment tool would not allow it]

Poker Blocks enhancements.pdf - exported pdf - used primoPDF to generate

Poker Blocks enhancements.xar - souped up in Xtreme3.2

Poker Blocks enhancements2.pdf - exported from Xtreme - page 2 is blank

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Nalin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Nalin,

I opened both of your .pdf files in my preferred view made by Foxit and page two is shown in both files.

I open them again using Adobe Reader version 8 with the latest updates and it reported a shading error on page two of the pdf created in Xtreme 3.2 the first time it was opened.

The second time I opened the pdf created in Xtreme 3.2 using Adobe Reader 8 I saw what is shown in the attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page2.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	39474  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Using the same software as yourself and bar some problems with fonts I exported the PDF file as you can see with all the pages as you can see. I don't know if this helps your work or not as I can get all your pages to view and this is with only reader ver.8
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.

Guys - thanks to all of you for trying this out

Basically I tried to upgrade to Adobe 8.1 (from 7) but it failed to install properly. So I tried Foxit which kind of worked, but there was a bug in the shader in the top of the title - this should have been Black to Green, but shows Green to Red

Either way - it's unsatisfactory and its probably a bug. PDF output is a bit flaky at the edges as well

The bigger picture is that Xara could be a replacement for Powerpoint if they could have a XAR file reader that could exist as a browser plugin (which existed many moons ago) and independently (which could be packaged along with XAR files, like Powerpoints "pack and go").

This could help disseminate the product much in the same way as PDFs did for Adobe - the visual quality might enable a viral effect. However the final piece would be to "powerpoint" the user interface and make it real simple to use to create and display slides. It would mean that multi-page *ought* to be included in Extreme rather than just in pro, but as I have demonstrated it's possible to workaround this, even if the results are unsatisfactory

None of this is rocket science and it should be easily possible.

Sadly it will probably have to be back to Powerpoint because my audience can't be guaranteed to see what I want them to see ;(

Nalin